Wix vs Napa Gold one last time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay okay.. ill go buy the Wix's. I think they're just a few cents cheaper then the Gold anyways....
biggthumbcoffe.gif

I have to go with Wix, and in this case personal reasons make it an easy choice.
wink.gif

I can't stand the guy who runs the local NAPA.

My son works at a store that sells WIX.

quote:

Originally posted by ted s:
its the same filter.

Since I dont know if thats directed at me or Highroller, ill throw in my .02. I'm well aware theyre the same filters, but its just a personal observation that the threads on the napa gold's have been worse than the threads on the Wix filters. Maybe i've just purchased bad napa's
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ***-wee:
Napa filters are made by WIX

The Napa Gold is identical to the Wix filter

There you go, making statements without knowing/learning all the facts.

~*~*~*~*~
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
128.gif
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
~*~*~*~*~
They are not identical, NAPA filters have bad threads, Wix filters don't. NAPA filters have different labels than Wix filters. Wix just buys the filters on sale at Wally World and K-Mart, Pep Boys or wherever, repaints and relabels them and sell them at a premium price.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it!! So there... PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*
pat.gif
grin.gif
banghead.gif
*~*~*~*~*~*

Holy mackeral Pete take it easy...everybody knows Baldwin is the way to go
grin.gif
....by the way does anybody have a answer to my other post about beta ratios?Bigger numbers are better or worse..have conflicting information on this matter...

Greaser...

It can go both ways. You need to apply some reasonable common sense to the numbers.

This is how Wix does it.
Beta2=30
Beta20=19
You see
Beta 2/20 =30/19

HOWEVER

before wix started posting their beata data, this is how every other filter man has expressed their beta numbers

Beta10=75 means 98.7 of 10um particles

Others do the particles on even divisions like 10um, 20um, 30um, etc.

On a full flow filter for a passenger car you're not likely to see any spec's for 2um particles ..so if you see either Beta2=xx ..or Betaxx=2 ..you can be assured that the 2 is the beta ratio and not the particle size.

I'm not completely confused yet Gary
gr_eek2.gif
so if Baldwin says their B2-HPG is 6/22 and Wix says their 1515 is 19/41 who is better?Which formula are they using?

If that's the only numbers that they gave you, I would probably assume that they are for Beta2 and beta20 (50% and 95%)

That would be my guess. It would be kinda useless to give you a "ratio" without a partical size.

Gary..I have the above information from searching may-be you can figure it out.I just bought 4 B2-HPG's for $12 apiece ...they are getting up there in price...but a few bucks makes no difference as long as the function good.If you can give me any clue to the beta difference between the Wix 1515 and the B2-HPG I'd be grateful!
bowdown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back