Wix, NAPA

My buddy owns a NAPA store. I have used a lot of Gold filters because they had the base plate bypass. They changed them so I stopped buying them. Today I stopped in to get a front sway bar link for my daughter’s car and my buddy was bitching about the filters. Since Wix sold out to Mann Hummel, he has problems getting a lot of common filters, quality has gone down and prices are way up. Sad to see what they have done to the Wix and Purolator brands. It even appears that Ford has now switched away from Purolator after many years.

My buddy owns a NAPA store. I have used a lot of Gold filters because they had the base plate bypass. They changed them so I stopped buying them. Today I stopped in to get a front sway bar link for my daughter’s car and my buddy was bitching about the filters. Since Wix sold out to Mann Hummel, he has problems getting a lot of common filters, quality has gone down and prices are way up. Sad to see what they have done to the Wix and Purolator brands. It even appears that Ford has now switched away from Purolator after many years.

I picked up an engine air filter from a Ford dealer last week, and they sold me an Ecogard.

My son in law works for a large dealership conglomerate. He said that they are having a tough time getting filters (and parts) from Ford, GM, and Chrysler. They buy from the parts stores to resale in the dealerships. NAPA-Wix hasn’t been the traditional American made filters since Wix was bought by Mann. In my opinion their line of filters aren’t top quality.

I've been running WIX at the current time I'm running Wix XP, I know that's a waste considering I change my oil every 6 months but I got it for a good price.

I see; it's a brand. Never heard of it. Any good? I have gone back to Honda filter for the 3 Honda/Acura I service.

They have been discussed here. OEM manufacturer. The filters come out of Thailand. They look very much like Denso or Roki filters with similar construction.

Back