Napa filters

O I totally agree with you. Mechanics are creatures of habit and a lot of the ones I know don't like change that takes them out of their warm and fuzzy comfort zone.

For example, Ford discontinued the Orange Specialty Coolant I want to say in 2020 and replaced it with the Yellow coolant. I still have shops call not trusting it since the color changed. I keep the notice about the change from Ford and will either email it to them or staple it to the invoice when we are delivering it. For a while I actually kept some of the orange coolant that was pulled from inventory for a certain customer who would not understand at all.
I understand your example & we must not have an old tape recorder in our heads. However, remember the Ford coolant not up to task on our EGR coolers? LOL I still to this day blame that the nitrates were not up to being subjected to the heat of that EGR cooler making the coolant "Gel up". But who knows how many were neglecting changing it regularly. Ford's newer coolants, I would assume, should be up to the task by now. I run the Nitrate Free Peak Final Charge red & Mishimoto coolant filter. The one I've posted on here has come out spotless. Anyways, Thanks for the conversation. (y)

I understand your example & we must not have an old tape recorder in our heads. However, remember the Ford coolant not up to task on our EGR coolers? LOL I still to this day blame that the nitrates were not up to being subjected to the heat of that EGR cooler making the coolant "Gel up". But who knows how many were neglecting changing it regularly. Ford's newer coolants, I would assume, should be up to the task by now. I run the Nitrate Free Peak Final Charge red & Mishimoto coolant filter. The one I've posted on here has come out spotless. Anyways, Thanks for the conversation. (y)
Mine still has the Ford Gold but I do have a Mishimoto coolant filter that I change every LOF at 5K. Whenever I get around to doing studs and Bullet-Proof coolers I will change to Cat ELC. I figure I don't want waste it. I am curious if the Ford yellow would be a good alternative, but not curious enough to actually do it.

The guy seemed like he was showing some reassurance when he pointed out he had a USA made filter but Wix has China and Korean versions in the USA supply and the Wix guy probably was careful not to give him a Mexican one to cut open lol.

img_6879-jpeg.176692

ef1fb89a-d50f-4354-b0d9-7f3154c3eebe-jpeg.39945

img_3628-jpg.216419

Screenshot 2024-05-01 5.20.23 PM.jpg

Back