Help me choose an oil filter, 51365, 57356, 51358

I would like to use the same filter on my 1025R and 2020 Polaris Sportsman 450HO. The 1025R is easy as its "default-spec" sized filter in WIX is 51565. It is a sideways sitting filter and applications have a silicone ADBV in it. I am pleased with its performance.
1713018347114.jpg

My Sportsman, on the other hand, takes a 51358. It has a nitrile ADBV, (the application never calls for a silicone one). The filer sits sideways and it has chain rattle at startup. I'd like to put a silicone ADBV filter on this machine. The OE filter is 2520799.

1713018428249.jpg

Ideally I'd like to start buying 57356 (7356 Premium Guards from NAPA as NAPA Golds), and use them on both the 1025R, Sportsman and also have them or any M1.5X20 Honda/import application I'd ever need. I know they'll thread on, and on the 1025R, they have the same specs.

On the Sportsman though, the 57356 has a lower by-pass valve setting (8-11 vs 11-14) and a higher flow rate (9-11 vs 8-10). Burst pressure is higher, but I assume that is the can failing or the seal popping out... which is a whatever situation.

1713018508248.jpg

What do you think? I have WIX data here as it's the most comprehensive. But I'll probably seek out some Premium Guards either NAPA, AAP, Orielly, etc.

Last edited:
Is Polaris a snow mobile or atv? Doesn't the dealer have Polaris branded filters? The last Wix filter I bought was from China.
Same situation nitrile ADBV and not amazing construction. ATV.

I wouldn't buy a Wix. I used to use only Wix for years, but since the Mann-Hummel take over the quality has gone down the drain. The last three Wix filters I bought had silicone ADBVs but the filters leaked almost immediately after installing them. More recently I was in the store and looked at some Wix filters and they had nitrile ADBV, but of course the price was the same.

Recently I've been using Fram TG filters (currently have one on my Kubota tractor) and Supertech MP.

I am not buying WIX I only put the data there for comparison as WIX lists bypass and flow data for the filter size/model.

I will probably be seeking out a PG

The WIX "flow data" is nebulous, it has no context.

I wouldn't buy a Wix. I used to use only Wix for years, but since the Mann-Hummel take over the quality has gone down the drain. The last three Wix filters I bought had silicone ADBVs but the filters leaked almost immediately after installing them. More recently I was in the store and looked at some Wix filters and they had nitrile ADBV, but of course the price was the same.

Recently I've been using Fram TG filters (currently have one on my Kubota tractor) and Supertech MP.

The nitrile adbv concerns me most on the sportsman with the filter being on the side and potentially being on there for a long time. It could be hard as a rock.

I would like to use the same filter on my 1025R and 2020 Polaris Sportsman 450HO. The 1025R is easy as its "default-spec" sized filter in WIX is 51565. It is a sideways sitting filter and applications have a silicone ADBV in it. I am pleased with its performance.
View attachment 213970

My Sportsman, on the other hand, takes a 51358. It has a nitrile ADBV, (the application never calls for a silicone one). The filer sits sideways and it has chain rattle at startup. I'd like to put a silicone ADBV filter on this machine. The OE filter is 2520799.

View attachment 213971

Ideally I'd like to start buying 57356 (7356 Premium Guards from NAPA as NAPA Golds), and use them on both the 1025R, Sportsman and also have them or any M1.5X20 Honda/import application I'd ever need. I know they'll thread on, and on the 1025R, they have the same specs.

On the Sportsman though, the 57356 has a lower by-pass valve setting (8-11 vs 11-14) and a higher flow rate (9-11 vs 8-10). Burst pressure is higher, but I assume that is the can failing or the seal popping out... which is a whatever situation.

View attachment 213972

What do you think? I have WIX data here as it's the most comprehensive. But I'll probably seek out some Premium Guards either NAPA, AAP, Orielly, etc.

Good Afternoon Redhat,
I looked up your application on the Fram site and it specs a PH6017A which is spec'd for motorcycles and an Ultra XG6607 which is one of Fram's top automotive filters.
Both are available at Walmart and are excellent choices. The Ultra is $8.97 and the PH6017A is $6.94.

1713028039887.jpg
1713031467587.jpg
1713032269654.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like you want to go for the Premium Guard made filter. Also cross reference Microgard Selects with your part number as it may be cheaper than Napa.

Back