WIX 57502 / NAPA GOLD 7502 VIRGIN FILTER TEARDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking for a couple of months reading a lot of good posts with excellent information but I couldn't find a teardown of the Wix/Napa Gold 57502/7502. This filter is a cross reference of the Motorcraft FL-500S.

Ford definitely seems to push having a thread and bypass and I've seen posts of Wiz having a thread and bypass. The 57502/7502 bypass is located on the dome end. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but it's making me lean more towards the motorcraft filter. Are there any other cross reference aftermarket fikters with the thread and bypass for the FL-500S?

Pics below.

Nice filter. The ADBV is very good at keeping oil up in the system
smile.gif

filter looks good and its the cross to the 500s. fords implement of the bypass in the base is interesting however I personally have never let it make my decision on filter choice. Ive had numerous 5.4 motors which are fussy about filter choice and they all did they best on hastings filters with nitrile adbv's. So go figure and take what i say with a grain of salt,as its just been my personal experience.

Originally Posted By: JCasto

Ford definitely seems to push having a thread and bypass and I've seen posts of Wiz having a thread and bypass. The 57502/7502 bypass is located on the dome end. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but it's making me lean ....

I would never let that feature influence my filter choice.

The only base end bypass crosses I know of for the FL-500S use combo valves, which I don't care for.

Napa ProSelect 27502

Microgard MGL 57502

STP S10590 in the Champ ecore incarnation

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back