Wix 57002 or OEM Made in Thailand?

Looking for comments on these two filters for comparison. Understand Wix has been purchased by Mann+Hummel and need a plus or a minus regarding the 57002 to the Denso version OEM for the Mazda Skyactiv.

Doesn’t matter. Pick one and sleep well.

theres tons of these cars parading around with bulk 0W-20 and PH6607 sized jobber filters(like Chinese-made Champs or Premium Guards) so it could be worse as well. 😛

The first oil change I did on my now ex’s CX5 was a PITA. Can was cranked on stupid tight. Channel lock pliers easily cut through can. It wasn’t the fault of whomever made the factory filter that it was cranked on at the factory or by dealer prep, but I wasn’t impressed with durability of the OE can. Cut way easier than I thought it should have. I used Wix after that.

Looking for comments on these two filters for comparison. Understand Wix has been purchased by Mann+Hummel and need a plus or a minus regarding the 57002 to the Denso version OEM for the Mazda Skyactiv.
What year and model. More than likely using an XG6607 will be fine.

Either the WIX or Mazda filter will be fine. Use whichever is least expensive or easiest to obtain.

I like the Mazda filters and their build quality, but I have used the WIX on Skyactiv engine with no hesitation.

I have been using the Wix 57002 and it is just fine...I had a scare when it looked like the louvers were closed so I cut it open and it was just fine.... Unlike most of the aftermarket filters for this application Wix (like OEM) doesn't have an anti-drain back valve.. So I guess if it were me it would depend what I got the best deal on. Both will get the job done.

I have been using the WIX 57002 on my friend's '14 Mazda 3 and I just ordered some of these filters by FULL from the Naper. They are made in Thailand and out of the box definitely feel like they are a quality filter and don't have an ADBV as is specified by Mazda in their TSBs for the Skyactiv engine. They are also significantly cheaper than the the Napa Gold 7002. My bet is that they are made in the same factory as the Roki's and OEM filters.

Last edited:
Back