Will Fans Stop Watching NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardy was set up and stalked by a celebrity gold digger... she was on her second famous boyfriend... she got the fame and will get the cash she wanted... any normal person would have been out the door at the sight of loaded assault rifles...
These girls have websites with updated locations of stars and athletes to get together with them...
Players union saved him 6 game checks... union should fight for the the 4 he lost since he was cleared... until...
She goes to court for the cash money... well, we the public might not hear about the cash transfer...

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
The NFL is simply WWF with a more slick playbook.

It's all rigged, every bit of it.
There is so much money is big time sports as well as auto racing but then it is mindless entertainment.

After last nights Seahawk loss....a lot of locals here will stop watching, I'm sure. Lol..

It's just a business...BIG business. If you want a real sports experience it would probably be better to pay some attention to local minor-league sports and small college or high school games.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
After last nights Seahawk loss....a lot of locals here will stop watching, I'm sure. Lol..

It's just a business...BIG business. If you want a real sports experience it would probably be better to pay some attention to local minor-league sports and small college or high school games.

I would rather watch local high school basketball than pro basketball on TV any day. We do go to minor league baseball games in the summer. I am starting to get really tired of watching pro football. Last winter we went to an Air Force Academy basketball game. And I want to go to an Air Force Academy baseball game. The football games are too expensive.

Originally Posted By: andrewg

Yeah, that sucked big time.
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: andyd
Hey wabbout the Pats winning in the last second? Guess you guys will have to wait for next week for them to lose.
grin2.gif

That was a gift win from the NYG...they had several opportunities to put that game away and they failed to do so...I know one thing for sure, NE doesn't want to see the Giants in the SB...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Hey wabbout the Pats winning in the last second? Guess you guys will have to wait for next week for them to lose.
grin2.gif

That was a gift win from the NYG...they had several opportunities to put that game away and they failed to do so...I know one thing for sure, NE doesn't want to see the Giants in the SB...

Looks like Rogers will be sucking hind teat behind Brady for a bit longer.
wink.gif

grin2.gif

Humphrey Bogart Voice:- "If not next week, the next month; if not the next month, the next year; if not the next year; the year after that; but mark my words; Pats will eventually lose"

Originally Posted By: Al
grin2.gif

wink.gif

I gotta say, you come up with some of the most irrelevant replies sometimes...first you reply to one of my posts thinking my post was in reply to one of yours when it wasn't, then you bring up Aaron Rodgers (not Rogers) as a reply to a NYG/NE comment. What does Rodgers have to do with my last post? BTW, Rodgers only sucks hind teet to Brady in number of SB rings, but certainly not playing ability...

Last edited:

wink.gif

I gotta say, you come up with some of the most irrelevant replies sometimes...first you reply to one of my posts thinking my post was in reply to one of yours when it wasn't, then you bring up Aaron Rodgers (not Rogers) as a reply to a NYG/NE comment. What does Rodgers have to do with my last post? BTW, Rodgers only sucks hind teet to Brady in number of SB rings, but certainly not playing ability... [/quote]
I was doing it to pull your chain..scheesch relax and take a pill...;)

I gotta say, you come up with some of the most irrelevant replies sometimes...first you reply to one of my posts thinking my post was in reply to one of yours when it wasn't, then you bring up Aaron Rodgers (not Rogers) as a reply to a NYG/NE comment. What does Rodgers have to do with my last post? BTW, Rodgers only sucks hind teet to Brady in number of SB rings, but certainly not playing ability...

I was doing it to pull your chain..scheesch relax and take a pill...;) You are taking things to seriously

Last edited:

I was doing it to pull your chain..scheesch relax and take a pill...;) You are taking things to seriously

You gotta admit, sometimes it's hard to tell when you're being serious or sarcastic...

I used to be an avid NFL fan but I've cooled on it.
Too many THUGS and not enough 'diversity' for my liking.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that we have a system in place to deal with criminal offenders. The laws of our nation say that a person who has not been convicted of a crime is due no punishment, either by the justice system or society. This is the law that everyone has agreed to, either directly or tacitly.

If you don't like our justice system, the law also provides the opportunity for the laws to be changed. If you're just sitting on your duff talking about how so and so should be drawn and quartered, that's trying nothing and having run out of ideas.

We are of course, free to think of someone as a piece of garbage for whatever they have done.

There are villains in all sections of society. I think there are more villains in just about any other form of business than the NFL players.

If a production that harbors and forgives villains is what makes you turn away, just stop watching everything on TV period, because the entertainment industry in general is owned and operated by scumbags.

The people talking about how they would rather watch college or high school ball are clearly forgetting just how much corruption and scandals have gone on in those programs as well.

I have heard of some major corruption in college sports but not so much at the high school level. Sure, there is some. But I still would prefer watching a high school basketball game rather than professional basketball.

There has been some corruption, at least in the fairly recent past, at the Air Force Academy. Not necessarily in their sports programs but there was some kind of cheating scandal and some other stuff. But in general I like the quality of staff and students at the Air Force Academy and I really enjoyed a college level basketball game I saw there.

I like watching minor league baseball. Presumably there is less corruption at that level because there simply is not as much money as at the major league level. But also it is too far to go watch the major league team (and too expensive) and the minor league team is nearby. I don't like watching baseball on TV. I prefer going to the stadiums. It is simply a lot of fun going to the minor league baseball games.

I have been watching professional football for a very long time and I get more and more disgusted all the time. I think there is too much money and uneven, sometimes inadequate discipline for some of the players who violate the rules on the field and commit serious offenses off the field. And all of the discussion about serious head injuries and what happens to a lot of these players after they retire has made me wonder if maybe we need to do some serious reflecting about football. One thing that really shocked me was the suicide of a famous former San Diego Charger player who also played for the NE Patriots. He apparently had suffered serious brain trauma while playing in the NFL. That guy played against my favorite football team (the Denver Broncos) but I was still very shocked when I heard he had committed suicide. In the end these men and their lives are more important than a mere game.

If too many players are being ruined by the injuries they suffer and their lives are being shortened and ruined perhaps we need to move away from football.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pbm

Not enough white people?

Originally Posted By: whip

Not enough white people?

If that's what he's saying, so what? If blacks can clamor about there not being enough blacks in whatever, then there's nothing wrong with white people complaining about the same thing...

Originally Posted By: whip

Not enough white people?

If that's what he's saying, so what? If blacks can clamor about there not being enough blacks in whatever, then there's nothing wrong with white people complaining about the same thing...

DOH!!!
Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back