Why so short?

All my cars except the Toyota only rack up enough miles to be changed annually.

That means:

3-4k kms on the Subaru
~8k kms on the Buick
~6k kms on the Hyundai

The Toyota gets changed about every 6k kms or whenever I notice the oil level start to drop. She usually starts burning around 5-6k into an OCI. 2-3 times a year.

Its just the schedule I follow.

Reactions: 4WD
I enjoy changing my cars oil. However some dont get driving much. My 18 Taurus has been getting it every 5000 but this time I'm going to push it to 8k so I can make it to an even 20k. I changed it early after they replaced my timing cover seal. I also do uoa on it and it was advised to push longer. Everything else gets it yearly or every 2 years. My 91 Taurus was changed 2 years ago and the oil hadn't changed colors yet. I've only driving it in inclement weather or to do a parts/beer run. Only 1200 miles on the oil. Frankly I probably need to just sell it..

I'm an old guy but I like to do my oil and filter changes. This way I know exactly what has been done. My car calls for a change once a year if I don't drive more than 7k miles.

I like to do mine every 3000 I know thats outdated or whatever but all of my stuff is old aka good lol and so I like the 3000 intervals. On my moms 2017 Camry they say 10000 she has me change it every 5,000 because that’s what me and my dad agreed on because even though I work for Toyota I would not go past 5,000 in anything modern or any age really. I’m just young and old school I guess lol 😂. Plus I enjoy working on stuff and I would be lost if a went a day without a wrench and Mtn Dew in my hand.

Back