Why Do People Vape ?

Yea, I kind of had the same thought. Sometimes BITOG gets rearranged and the BIGOT factor rears it's ugly head.

Why do people consume alcoholic beverages?
Why do people consume MacDonalds or any processed food?
Why do people ride motorcycles?
Why do people skydive and/or climb cliffs?
Why do people get married not just once, but often 2,3, or even more times?
Why do people live in big cities?
Why do people get tatoos, body piercings, etc.?
Why do people have boats, horses, or swimming pools?
Why do people use Amsoil? (Just joking, Pablo)
Why do people buy new cars when they cannot pay cash?
Why do people drive tiny cars?
Why do people waste time watching the "idiot box"? LOL
I do everything right. Why doesn't everyone else follow my example. (Seriously, I can't convince my wife of 42 years about this)

Why do people not accept that others that are different than you are o.k. too.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I'm sorry but you all are seriously acting like:

old-man-yells-at-cloud.jpg

I’d say the same reasons people consime alcoholic beverages.

Look cool, like the taste, habit, comfort, addiction, social , peer pressure

I would assume they vape because they want to. Pretty simple really.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Yea, I kind of had the same thought. Sometimes BITOG gets rearranged and the BIGOT factor rears it's ugly head.

Why do people consume alcoholic beverages?
Why do people consume MacDonalds or any processed food?
Why do people ride motorcycles?
Why do people skydive and/or climb cliffs?
Why do people get married not just once, but often 2,3, or even more times?
Why do people live in big cities?
Why do people get tatoos, body piercings, etc.?
Why do people have boats, horses, or swimming pools?
Why do people use Amsoil? (Just joking, Pablo)
Why do people buy new cars when they cannot pay cash?
Why do people drive tiny cars?
Why do people waste time watching the "idiot box"? LOL
I do everything right. Why doesn't everyone else follow my example. (Seriously, I can't convince my wife of 42 years about this)

Why do people not accept that others that are different than you are o.k. too.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I'm sorry but you all are seriously acting like:

old-man-yells-at-cloud.jpg

great post. sounds just like pop's posts.there are so many judgemental people around -- it's funny when they spout off about such things.if you don't do what I do/live like I live, there's something wrong with you. hilarious.the comedy/drama queen threads are priceless.
where's pop when we need him.

Originally Posted By: Bud
I would assume they vape because they want to. Pretty simple really.

That goes for everything people do. But ramifications of doing things in life are ususlly only seen clearly in hindsight. Many people's actions are driven by impulses they can't control, even if they know those actions are potentially bad for them.

I vaoe CBD oil helps my seizures. I never thought I'd be one of "those people" but yea it works great for me.

Depends on whether you believe in determinism.

Spent a fun afternoon prodding a guy who believed in determinism, but described his own wants, needs, and actions as his.

I can't see myself ever Vaping, as to take it up, I would need to do it once first, and I can't envisage that happening.

That said, in the last 12 months I've smoked a half cigarette, and had maybe a half inch off a mini cigar...didn't choke, nor die, nor tak them up.

So in answer...I dunno.

Lots of people vape their weed to avoid tobacco and for the convenience of not having to roll or carry a pipe.
It's also much easier to use undetected in public, even to take through airports.

I thought the whole thing that made nicotine popular was it relaxed your nerves yet gave you energy or something?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: hatt
Because they want to ...

... have health problems in their old age.
Add it to the list.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
I vaoe CBD oil helps my seizures. I never thought I'd be one of "those people" but yea it works great for me.

I know a couple of people that use cbd oil for pain, and they claim that it helps a lot.but, they go the sublingual route. it's good that it works for you.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Depends on whether you believe in determinism.

Spent a fun afternoon prodding a guy who believed in determinism, but described his own wants, needs, and actions as his.

I can't see myself ever Vaping, as to take it up, I would need to do it once first, and I can't envisage that happening.

That said, in the last 12 months I've smoked a half cigarette, and had maybe a half inch off a mini cigar...didn't choke, nor die, nor tak them up.

So in answer...I dunno.

I’ve never vaped before, but I can see it being enjoyable occasionally, and maybe even safer for those who are legitimately addicted and trying to get away from cigs!

I’ve smoked hookahs with flavored tobacco in other countries, because I was a guest and it was polite to do so. Tasted great (cherry is the one I recall). I don’t smoke, and was able to try this without coughing at all.

I’ve smoked cigars and cigarillos during celebrations and like the taste and smell the f them, but not the smoke. I remember trying to take a big inhale of a cigar once, not knowing any better, and immediately breaking into a fit of uncontrollable coughing and wheezing. Of the dozen I’ve had since then in my life, I simply don’t inhale. My smoke is noticeably darker than the others who do inhale, but I’m ok with that.

I tried dip in college twice. First time I was under the supervision of a pro and enjoyed the very small amount I used. I got cocky the second time and filled my lip up like an addict. Within a minute I was over the sink, digging it out , spitting and rinsing like I had a chemical burn! I felt like death for the next couple of hrs, not able to move for risk of puking my guts out.

I like to eat fatty, fried foods, too, but I usually keep that one to myself, for fear of being judged...

So, enjoyment can be had with just about any bad activity. Addiction and narcissism are totally different reasons to continue doing them if not for any other reason.

My gut feeling is whatever chemical that keeps the vapor from condensing in the lung, or from dissipating for so long after its exhaled, can't be that good for you.

Lungs are designed to intake clean atmosphere ... not gasses filled with toxic chemicals. And people wonder why the body has issues when it's poisoned. I'll risk my health to feel good or get some kind of satisfaction ... that makes total sense. Might as well, we all die in the end anyway.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Might as well, we all die in the end anyway.
wink.gif

Yeah, but what's the rush?

Suicide is considered a mental illness.

Back