Why Do Enthusiasts Hate Walmart Products?

I hate going there though.. I'm the minority there..
I only became aware of WM about 10 years ago and thought to myself this place is pure chaos.. LOL
What time did you go? The one I usually use, I go at 7 or 730 am, pretty quiet, easy in and out.

The way I see it is human are motivated to do good because they get a feeling that they did more than average and they are rewarded because of it (spend more on better oil, your car last longer). We all feel hurt when people told us you are just wasting your money for nothing and things would last just as long.

Let's do a different exercise instead of SuperTech = vehicle abuse. What if I tell you most Made in USA product has the same quality as Made in China and if you pay enough, China can make the same good quality product you are proud to buy that's Made in USA? (I am just throwing an example out there to let you see the same reaction, not saying China is making same or better quality product as US. But, you get my point on how people start getting defensive about it right?).

The way I see SuperTech oil is if they are certified correctly they are good enough. Your engine's design has more to do with its durability than which brand of oil you put in it. My problem with Walmart is they don't always sell what I want and they are about the same price or just slightly cheaper and they are way out of my way unlike Target and Safeway. Heck, I can go to Costco and get back home faster than I can get to Walmart. Online is a different story. I do buy from Walmart.com and Amazon quite often.

Sometimes I wonder if people feel superior to "Walmart shoppers". I love Walmart shoppers. I just make sure I go early cuz I hate checkout lines...
I don't know why people keep going to bad WalMarts. Go to a different one. I would have to drive 50+ miles to go to a WalMart where there have been lots of problems. How do I know where they are at? Watching the local news once a day will tell you where they are.

I have a friend that shops at Target because she thinks that somehow the products are superior . The clientele might be just a tad bid less ghetto but you're buying the same stuff and paying a little more for it .

I have a friend that shops at Target because she thinks that somehow the products are superior . The clientele might be just a tad bid less ghetto but you're buying the same stuff and paying a little more for it .
Umph - Tarjeh Monsieur …

I've found that the primary way in which you can define a low demographic retailer is the oil stains in the parking lot.
The nearest Walmart has almost a Superfund level of leaked oil while the Target maybe half a mile away has none.
Same pickups and Suburbans/Tahoes parked at both stores, but the ones at Target are from the current decade while those at Walmart are often from the last century.
You can find clothing at Target you'd actually wear and food you'd actually eat, not so much at Walamrt.
Walmart does have a much better selection of auto stuff, though.

Sometimes I wonder if people feel superior to "Walmart shoppers". I love Walmart shoppers. I just make sure I go early cuz I hate checkout lines...
Odd. Why do you "love Walmart shoppers" more than any other shopper?

I go to Walmart now and then. The majority of the shoppers are often of the lower bottom of society. I'm not being a snob....just being honest. Sometimes I get a laugh at the oddballs, but I'm okay with it for the most part. I just consider them entertainment.

Odd. Why do you "love Walmart shoppers" more than any other shopper?

I go to Walmart now and then. The majority of the shoppers are often of the lower bottom of society. I'm not being a snob....just being honest. Sometimes I get a laugh at the oddballs, but I'm okay with it for the most part. I just consider them entertainment.
I didn't say more. I am not one to judge others, like some others seem to want to do.

Imho same reason as when in 2008, I used Costco premium 93 gasoline, in my 2007 (relatively new) BMW. Some on the forum went as far as saying I don’t deserve to drive a BMW. Back then, the kool Kidz pumped Shell V Power only, burning 15-20 cents a gallon out the tailpipe in all their hipness.

I envision Mick Jagger singing…

“But he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke, the same cigarettes as me…”

It’s the birds of a feather conundrum.

I don't hate on Costco gas, it's probably one of the better ones now. However, I'm still one of those burning the extra cents out the tailpipe for Shell (at least usually).

Another thing I get from Walmart is car batteries. I order them for front door delivery, a few hours after placing order. Very convenient. I have to tip, but it's worth it.

I tend to avoid WM because of their business practices. I have worked as a vendor for them, and I didn’t like the way myself and others were treated. Occasionally I get stuff from there like auto parts and fluids or consumables like dog food, toilet paper, etc. But I’d rather give my money to other establishments if possible. No issue with the products. Just the business.

Yeah - it’s a thing on this site. I just like brick n mortar stores -
I’m there to judge what’s for sale - not the shoppers …

Some WM stuff is ok. Some is lower spec junk. Depends upon what you need. The store brand gear oil seems ok. Same for D/M and ATF+4. The syn diesel oil looks like a potential winner with its decent Zn additive.

Other stuff who knows. To their credit, there is a lot of US made stuff in the store brand.

To their credit, there is a lot of US made stuff in the store brand.
To their credit walmart has been trying to get more American Made products for years. I presume they simply got tired of being called China Mart. A lot of the cheap Kent bicycles are put together here in South Carolina. Still mostly using Chinese parts, but there trying to do more and more of the value added here too. They put the factory in a fairly depressed area of the state. Its actually a pretty cool story which continues.

To their credit walmart has been trying to get more American Made products for years. I presume they simply got tired of being called China Mart. A lot of the cheap Kent bicycles are put together here in South Carolina. Still mostly using Chinese parts, but there trying to do more and more of the value added here too. They put the factory in a fairly depressed area of the state. Its actually a pretty cool story which continues.

I had to do a double take at Walmart over the weekend. I saw some adult bicycles that grabbed my attention so I stopped to take a look. These bikes were of some amazing looking quality compared to what I have seen there lately. Upon closer look, I found out why. These were actually real Schwinn bikes. I got excited for about all of one second when my nephew (a real bike rider for sport/hobby) said right away. "Sorry Uncle Sam, they are now made in Asia, not China but Taiwan. We LOSE again. I guess we are making history daily and will end up one of the first countries on the planet who will end up producing NOTHING at all. Not a thing at all. Not even medicines , etc...

I had to do a double take at Walmart over the weekend. I saw some adult bicycles that grabbed my attention so I stopped to take a look. These bikes were of some amazing looking quality compared to what I have seen there lately. Upon closer look, I found out why. These were actually real Schwinn bikes. I got excited for about all of one second when my nephew (a real bike rider for sport/hobby) said right away. "Sorry Uncle Sam, they are now made in Asia, not China but Taiwan. We LOSE again. I guess we are making history daily and will end up one of the first countries on the planet who will end up producing NOTHING at all. Not a thing at all. Not even medicines , etc...
A key reason I bought our Model 3 is it was made a few miles up the road; I used to work right across the freeway.. I salute and support that.

Back