Whose car takes =<5qts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of mine take more than 6 qts!

Both the truck in my signature and the SO's 2008 2.5 Jetta take 6.25 quarts to hit the full mark.

Originally Posted By: Alex_spb
Hi all. It's my first post here :)

welcome2.gif

I have 3 cars which take less than 5 quarts:

2008 Toyota Yaris 1.5L: 4.5 qt
1988 Chevy Sprint 1.0L: 3.5 qt

And perhaps most interestingly:

1968 Cadillac 7.8L (472 cu. in.): 4.5 qt

Sumps are large these days. The 8.0L (500 cu. in) Cadillac engine which came a couple of years later was a 5 qt.

2.8 Cutlass take 4.5, however if I use the optional (parts listed) longer filter, I always put in 5 works fine. My '08 Merc GMQ holds 6 quarts

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Originally Posted By: panthermike
The Fusion takes 5.3qts
33.gif

Talk about an odd amount
Well odd is the volume "Quarts". This ridiculous, antiquated system of measure along with the Yard and Foot and Inch should have been retired 30 years ago. The 5.3qt capacity = 5 Litre; My Toyota 1Nz takes 4-litre 'even' on a refill which is not, again a full integer of quarts. USofA get with it. Juts think how you could rip off uneducated customers selling fuel metered in litres. GAS SALE! $0.99 / Litre ! Get it while it lasts! Cheaper than Filtered Water!

My Mazda is a pain in the [censored].

Manual says 4.5 quarts, which puts it over the max line. 4.25 quarts puts it at the max line. I just use 4 quarts even and that gives me 3/4 on the dipstick lines.

Explorer is 5 quarts.

03 V6 Malibu takes 5 qts
01 5.3 V* Burb takes 6 qts
and Saab takes 4.1 qts, she only gets 4....

If they all ran the same I would love the 5qt jug, as it is I always have some jug a qt or 2 low.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Remember the good old days, 50's, 60's, and early 70's, most everything made by the Big 3 took 5-quarts.

Even a big and small V8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back