Who Makes The Best HM 5w30 /10w30 Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Maxlife HM 5W20 considered a heavier 20 weight oil? OK to use in a newer 2011 Hyundai V6?

Just curious, because I have 5 quarts of it and would use it in my wifes 2011 Santa Fe...

Last edited:
I like the Mobil 1 High Mileage 5w30 Its M1 Full Synthetic blended with Mobil's proprietary High Mileage additives. Used on an 02 Camry bought at auction - left for dead with a host of oil consumption/ticks/weeps at 130k. Running great at 204k, no ticks, noises, teardowns, no replacement parts. Oil consumption is currently 1/2qt every 5k, was 1/2qt every 2k at start. OCI is 7k which makes up for cost. Dont extend on the first interval though, some seriously nasty things come out.

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Is Maxlife HM 5W20 considered a heavier 20 weight oil? OK to use in a newer 2011 Hyundai V6?

Just curious, because I have 5 quarts of it and would use it in my wifes 2011 Santa Fe...

Looking at the product sheets for Valvoline Conventional and Maxlife, the difference in their kinematic viscosity is minor, and fairly comparable to most 5W-20 oils.

Originally Posted By: Zako2
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan

Looking at the product sheets for Valvoline Conventional and Maxlife, the difference in their kinematic viscosity is minor, and fairly comparable to most 5W-20 oils.

I guess I could use it for a short OCI... Thanks.

In the wifes impala i've used GTXHM, MobilHM, QSHM and PenHM. It runs it's best on PenHM. It's quiter and I only have to add maybe .25 Quart during a 5k oil change. Though i've never tried maxlife. I'll stick with what I know works, lol

Last edited:
My choice is quaker state defy every day 14.89 for 5 quart jug at walmart :), I already made up my mind and plant to stick with that oil on all my car for ever.

Cant wait for some one to put an UOA on it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
My choice is quaker state defy every day 14.89 for 5 quart jug at walmart :), I already made up my mind and plant to stick with that oil on all my car for ever.

How did you make up your mind?

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug

How did you make up your mind?

all my car is over 100k miles, and all running 10w30 oil weight. stick with 1 oil and 1 weight, so I can top off any of my car :), and all my car running motorcraft oil filter and now walmart also carry puralator oil filter too, 1 shop stop for oil and filter :), i like keep it simple
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Maxima97
MaxLife Blend 5W/10W-30 is the best. It is a Group 3 and Group 2 blend with High Moly and HTHS but not energy conservative.

I've never seen an HM oil that is energy conservative...none of them earn that mark

Walmart has ST 5w30 HM at a good price and it's rated energy conserving. I'm currently using it in a Taurus 3.0L Duratec.

Originally Posted By: Doc Holiday
Originally Posted By: Maxima97
MaxLife Blend 5W/10W-30 is the best. It is a Group 3 and Group 2 blend with High Moly and HTHS but not energy conservative.

I've never seen an HM oil that is energy conservative...none of them earn that mark

The Mobil super HM is energy conserving.

The MSHM 10w-40 is the only grade not energy conserving. Nonetheless the MSHM oil in my niece's Mazda has stopped her oil consumption by at least 50% over a six month period. I would imagine all grades are good.

My vote is for Maxlife Full Syn if you can find it.

seriously guys
smile.gif
who care about energy saving or SAE certified :), its high miles oil on your 100K+ or out off warranty car. who care oil is oil
smile.gif

No one makes the best oil for everything. Buy what is on sale and suits your engine and what allows you not to lose sleep. The last one is for all you synthetics users that could not fathom not using synthetics. Because synthetics all the way conventional has no use. Also MMO? Just say NO!

Looking at HM oils, I've noticed that now Castrol and VA Maxlife now earn the energy conserving labels. Most HM oils do not. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back