Quaker State 5W30 High Mileage deal at Walmart

Just wanted to point this out. After looking at the formulas I feel Quaker State High Mileage is more robust then Quaker State Full Synthetic...more moly and more detergents. More robust then SuperTech and other oils. Not quite as robust as the Valvoline line.

If you are out for very good quality but not the best this is a great deal on a 5W30.

Screenshot_20231215_182020_Chrome.jpg

I saw the VOA for both the Full Synthetic and the High Mileage formulas. The High Mileage has more of everything like moly and detergents. Most of all they are both Dexos. Dexos is not just a standard of metrics but they actually test these oils to earn the Dexos seal. Whatever their tests they passed and put a thumbs up for GM engines. On the other hand GM passed on Valvoline Maxlife...something they didnt like about that oil.

I saw the VOA for both the Full Synthetic and the High Mileage formulas. The High Mileage has more of everything like moly and detergents. Most of all they are both Dexos. Dexos is not just a standard of metrics but they actually test these oils to earn the Dexos seal. Whatever their tests they passed and put a thumbs up for GM engines. On the other hand GM passed on Valvoline Maxlife...something they didnt like about that oil.
You do realize the oil makers have to PAY GM for every quart of oil that has a dexos logo on it, right? And that for some oils and manufacturers, there may be financial reasons that the blender doesn’t want to pay the dexos license fee? There are several oils that would more than likely EASILY pass the dexos tests but for one reason or another it doesn’t carry the logo, and therefore, the financial penalty.

Dexos is as much marketing shtick and money siphon for GM as it is any improvement over “regular” oils. Besides, dexos-marked oil is merely a “recommendation” by GM; there’s a reason why VERY few 5w20s carry dexos logo compared to the 0w20s, and it ain’t a difference in performance. Why pay for a dexos logo when no GMs call for a 5w20? Oil companies gonna save every buck they can. 👍🏻

I don't mind the o.p posting one oil sale here, but it would be annoying if this sub forum was flooded with oil sales

Using this in my sons Kia Rio. Seems pretty good so far.

Edit: The Fram PH9688 I am using was sitting in the clearance section for $1. Figured what the hey....

EDIT 2: I'm using the blend...so never mind. Funny thing is, now the full syn and the blend are the same price. I bought it at $16.49 for the blend.

Last edited:
Im not selling oil. :) Walmart is selling oil and I thought I would point it out during these lean times. If I saw someone pointing out a good deal I would appreciate it thus my post here.
I gotta agree with this. The poster was contrasting various oils and at the same time pointing out a killer deal on a very solid oil choice. Are we truly offended by this? I love all posts that have solid information on products and practices and am very appreciative of those who show respect for the virtues of thrift and efficiency, in any thread.

I would say Valvoline Maxlife has more moly and boron. However Im not sure if that will make a difference over the Quaker State HM. Valvoline Maxlife isnt Dexos whereas Quaker State HM is Dexos.

The Quaker.State formula seems more robust versus the store brand "SuperTech".

If buying.the 12 quart box for $58 the Valvoline is about $4.83 per quart. The Quaker State HM is about $3.8 per quart.

The Valvoline Maxlife is the better formula but the best value is the Quaker State HM.

I bought the posted QS FS HM deal today. Had to order online for curbside to get that price as it was $22.78 on the shelf. Put it promptly into my 92 GMC.
Just want to be sure...is it API SP?

That is a real bargain! Keep in mind, this is the ONLINE price -- the Walmart store shelf will have a higher price.

I still for the life of me don’t understand why I can’t walk in and buy it at that price. I can grab it and self check out. Buy on line and pick up takes way more labor investment, the employee pulled it off the same shelf. I am not going to spontaneously buy something else sitting in the parking lot waiting for it either. Dumb.

Back