What's wrong with my Audi A4?

APR tune means richer fuel mix and more blow-by. That could explain it (but doesn't
need so). Nonetheless still hard to believe that engine doesn't use any oil on 7500 mls.

On a side note, Mk7 GTIs don't come with an oil level monitor, just a warning message
when the oil level is low.
You're absolutely right, I looked it up and the MK7 doesn't have an oil level display. I'm probably mixing this all together with my own Audi. Do the MK7s come with dipsticks? I'll have to see how things are going the next time we speak. But he absolutely loves that car. The only thing he's thinking of doing is a preemptive walnut blasting to clear out any carbon buildup.

See page 1 of this thread. The Golf/GTI/Tiguan etc. (MQB) dipstick fits the B9 A4/A5/A6/Q5 etc. 2.0 TFSI. The dipstick tube is already there.

I really don't know why certain engines are the way that they are. A friend of mine has an early MK7 GTI with an APR stage 1 tune on it. That car gets driven angry all the time and probably sees redline every other traffic light. It's been beaten on from day 1 and that engine burns no measurable oil. And by not measurable I mean the electronic oil level reads full from the time he fills it to around 7500 mi when he changes it. I believe he's up to almost 60k mi now and that engine's been more or less perfect.
This is my MK7 Sportwagen. Tuned. Bigger turbo. Driven hard all the time. Doesn't lose any. To be fair it probably does and the volume is replaced with fuel.

See page 1 of this thread. The Golf/GTI/Tiguan etc. (MQB) dipstick fits the B9 A4/A5/A6/Q5 etc. 2.0 TFSI. The dipstick tube is already there.
Ah, gotcha. I'm aware of the tube but I wasn't sure if the MK7 came with the stick itself. And speaking of the tube, one very nice thing about the layout of that engine was that I could do an entire oil change without having to lift the car. Top mounted oil filter + oil extractor via the dipstick tube = 30 minute oil change.

I88ELFv.jpg

Ah, gotcha. I'm aware of the tube but I wasn't sure if the MK7 came with the stick itself. And speaking of the tube, one very nice thing about the layout of that engine was that I could do an entire oil change without having to lift the car. Top mounted oil filter + oil extractor via the dipstick tube = 30 minute oil change.

I88ELFv.jpg

I wish. Getting under the car and removing the under skirts to change the cartridge filter sucks. Especially when I don't even need to jack up my wife's Jeep to work on it.

Back