What's the number 1 selling oil in Canada ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
M1 is definitely the best selling synthetic up here. Don't know about conventional, probably GTX.

is there a source to back that up?.

i tell you whats the best selling oil in canada... its walmarts supertech.. those things fly off the shelves... mobil is far to expensive in canada ($10 for a quart!?)

It's either Castrol GTX or Quaker State for shelf sales and overall either Petro-Canada Supreme or Esso Extra.

Castrol Syntec is probably the best selling 'synthetic.'

Originally Posted By: eddiedz
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
M1 is definitely the best selling synthetic up here. Don't know about conventional, probably GTX.

is there a source to back that up?.

i tell you whats the best selling oil in canada... its walmarts supertech.. those things fly off the shelves... mobil is far to expensive in canada ($10 for a quart!?)

Statistically, it's the best selling synthetic period. But anyways, I know in the Mustang community, that it's the most popular choice. Globally.... It's the most popular choice. Canada is not unique, so it stands to reason that it is the same scenario up here.

Mobil IS expensive up here.... I agree (though it's 8.xx a litre at Walmart the last time I checked....) But that hasn't stopped me from buying it over the last 10+ years......

Johnny posted some sales figures in one thread that the best selling conventional is Pennzoil and the best selling syn is Mobil 1. That was in the US but I don't imagine Canada is far off.

Probably true here as well, or as mentioned, Castrol by virtue of being most easily obtained these days(ie: Canadian Tire, Walmart, partsource). Though walmart might be a red herring since they usually put one brand or another at tempting prices.

On the topic of most found, easily spotted, anyone noticed that valvoline seems to be losing shelf space? Used to be valvoline dominated shelves, now it seems Castrol and Penzoil have taken the majority of space. Even at TSC which at one time seemed to be valvoline territory has a lot more brand variety.

Alex.

$8.88 for a 5L jug of QS Peak Performance... Hard to beat nowadays!

I had to pick up a case, of course.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back