2023 tally of the "Post your latest oil change" thread

Where do you think Kirkland / Supertech would be on the list, if the price for these oils were the approx same as name brands like Pennzoil, Valvoline, Mobil-1?
To me, impressive translates into price-point here...... nothing more.

The real translation of 'impressive' would be to see Pennzoil / Quaker State (or Exxon-Mobil) sell their oils for the same price as Supertech / Kirkland in 2024, without a change in formulation / quality. The numbers would-then be so lopsided for 2024.

Try to imagine the oil aisle at Costco having Kirkland and Mobil-1 side-by-side at the same prices. Which would you buy? It would be Mobi-1 in a landslide victory.

Numbers #1 and #2 indicate BITOG members are smart shoppers. Majority of BITOGERs don't choose the product by price. Now that's impressive.
Last i checked Quaker State was like $2 more than super tech for a 5 quart jug. That's probably why super tech isn't higher on the list

I normally have no favorite but I have found love in Pennzoil platinum if I hadn’t did a binge buy on NAPA full synthetic Pennzoil platinum would be it for me.

I so look forward to saying this every year now…

Most people: the store brands are just as good as the name brands.

Also most people: buys name brands.
I’m just on odd duck! Here’s my inventory!!!
image.jpg

Total Quartz was so popular it made it to the list twice, in actuality to parity with Schaeffer. Not bad for an AAP marketing failure.

Would love to see a graph from bitog that took the "Post your latest oil change" and made a histogram of miles-in-use. And hovering over each data point would show total qts of top-up. Would be willing to bet it would be skewed some; I'm sure there's a lot of people burning through HPL products trying dearly to get their rings unstuck, even though HPL didn't cause the sticking in the first place.

My bad, Sorry about that. Some people log it as Total, some people log it as Total quarts.
Unfortunately there is no edit option on this forum. So Total Quartz total is 33
Don't sweat it SB96

If it weren't for all the Total Quartz clearance sales, it never reaches double-digits in sales here at BITOG.

It'll probably get logged into archives here as "One & Done". In MLB (major league baseball), that designation refers to players that achieve single year Awards for things like Batting Titles, Pitching Records, Defensive Players of the Year......etc..... and then afterwards in their careers, these players never get heard from again.

Thanks for your research and participation here.

Back