Whats the least expensive JASO MA spec full synthetic?

As far as I know Warren Distribution blends SuperTech oil. Warren Distribution house brand oil is MAG 1. Mag 1 is usually $ 6.50 at the farm stores in Michigan, I bought some last week at Family Farm & Home for $ 4.00 on sale.

MAG 1 is good oil

I use Valvoline 10W-40 4T full synthetic motorcycle oil. Grabbed it on sale for $7/qt from Wally.
I also use Castrol ActEvo 10W-30 4T "part synthetic" for about $6/qt with a coupon on Amazon.

Both oils work well in my motorcycles. Honda says 8000 mile OCI. Both oils seemed to go the distance, maintaining shift quality.

Oil price is not a concern for me, it's the quality. Especially in the small amount a bike needs vs longevity of the lubricated parts. It's not like they need gallons of oil.
Penny wise and dollar foolish as the old saying goes.

I just went ahead and got the ST again. It still ended up being the least expensive JASO MA full syn in a 10W-30 I could find. All of the other stuff was either not a full syn, was out of stock, or was more expensive...

My 2000 Valkyrie doesn’t say anything about JASO.

However OPs 2018 GW is quite specific and lists JASO T903 Standard MA. Not sure I’ve ever seen one but that’s the standard Honda wants, not just JASO.

Not sure what the T903 is. Does it show up on the bottle?
It could be that JASO wasn't even around in 2000. My '98 Honda Super Hawk calls for a 10W-40 SE, SF, or SG. No mention of JASO...

Not sure what the T903 is. Does it show up on the bottle?
T903 is the JASO spec for 4-stroke motorcycle oil. It's shown on the bottle only if the JASO logo is used on the bottle.

1667420666415.jpeg

Last edited:
Doesn't look like there is anything new as of today; the 2016 spec is still the most recent. All up-to-date info can be found here: JALOS: JASO Website
There was a slight revision to the 2016 version, but they didn't roll the version number probably because the revision was minor. The latest 2016 JASO T903 version 2016 notates the revision on the first page.

1667421013526.png

1667421118326.jpg

Ive got like 9 or 10 quarts of Valvoline synthetic 20w50 ma2 to use somewhere. I bought some supertech 5w20 synthetic (clearance 3.77 a quart), mix it 50/50with the 20w50 , and install in the wifes car for 12w35 ratio. That should rid 2 quarts.

My truck not due till next september, but I'll gradually break it down little by little, lawmower can take some.

My 2000 Valkyrie doesn’t say anything about JASO.
It could be that JASO wasn't even around in 2000. My '98 Honda Super Hawk calls for a 10W-40 SE, SF, or SG. No mention of JASO...
I just looked at the 2000 Hayabusa owner's manual. Only says use API SF or SG, no JASO call-out either (too early in JASO timeline). Even says 10W-30 is OK, but only if max ambient temp is 30C (86F) or less.

Is there concern of the 5w sheering faster than the 15w?
Not at all. Just buy what ever they have in stock, that's the problem. This shearing thing is way over thought. I've run both in Harleys, Suzukis and Hondas for more years than I want to remember. To be honest I've been running Mobil 1 15w-50 lately and have zero issues with that also.

Last edited:
Back