What would you do?

You wouldn’t, 3/4 and 1 ton trucks have abysmal side impact performance surprisingly. Give me a unibody sedan all day Long, I own a truck, trucks by and large have awful crash test ratings and don’t allow you to evade an accident as well.

Oh, I didn't necessarily mean for safety. Just would rather have a 3500 dually than an Accord. 🤣

Funny thing about trucks/"suv's" vs small cars. Gf and I were driving back from Houston last night. Houston got zero snow or ice. About 45 min north of Houston all hell book loose and the roads were covered with snow and it was falling down to where you could barely see. We drove literally 30mph the whole way back. Guess which vehicles were either turned over in the ditches or had run off the road permenantly stuck requiring being pulled out? Trucks and "suv's". All the small cars and sedans were cruising along unscathed.:D
TX drivers are horrible in general though so not really a surprise, especially when snow is involved.

Knocking on wood... we never have had much issue with collisions. Got our odyssey, gets backed into whike parked (fortunately the guilty driver did the right thing). Got it back, maybe 6 months later got hit while stopped at a light. Hit and run, but I got photos...

Knocking on wood more, nothing since... no permanent issues with van, it seems... went to a great non-referral shop.

The car has a history to it now. Will have diminished value.

Id work on your wife’s situational awareness. Hoping black color isn’t part of the issue, as I have a black accord!

Keep it. It's value has taken a major hit. If police reports were made, those accidents would be easy to find with online searches.

Drivers Training Course
This.

You're not really fixing the problem by getting another/bigger vehicle. If it really even is a problem. I get hit by people every 2-3 years or so. Not my fault and it's stuff like people merging into me or getting rear ended. Nothing to be done about it in those cases. Of course a few times I've averted them as I saw they were going to it and didn't have the room so I had to slam on the brakes even though I had the right of way. Leaning on the horn works sometimes too.

Insurance is going to come in to play here. So I would keep that in mind if looking for another vehicle. They will raise rates even if the accidents are not her fault. They will say she has a propensity for accidents and raise the rates.

Seems like the two pictures are from the same type of accident? Maybe there is some habit she has increases the chance of this accident?
Maybe get her an Outback?, its similar in size to the Accord so its easy navigate the mall and according to the IIHS the Subaru Outback is either driven by very good or lucky drivers, and/or is a very safe car as its got one of the lowest death rates of all vehicles.
This lists the best and the worst vehicle death rates.

Is an SUV going to prevent her from getting into more accidents? The accord is a safe car, I’d just keep it.

I say get a different vehicle. I am sure the Accord is safe, but at this point it has shown where she is operating it and the people she is operating it around, it is not working. Try something else. Plus I think it would make her feel better, safer, and more confident which also makes the decision easy as to get another vehicle.

Keep it. Don’t want any Chevy that new. If you want to get something else get a squad car that can take rear end crashes up to 75mph that’s the only car these days I feel safe in with how so many people drive.

Insurance is going to come in to play here. So I would keep that in mind if looking for another vehicle. They will raise rates even if the accidents are not her fault. They will say she has a propensity for accidents and raise the rates.
I never thought of that!

Seems like the two pictures are from the same type of accident? Maybe there is some habit she has increases the chance of this accident?
Maybe get her an Outback?, its similar in size to the Accord so its easy navigate the mall and according to the IIHS the Subaru Outback is either driven by very good or lucky drivers, and/or is a very safe car as its got one of the lowest death rates of all vehicles.
This lists the best and the worst vehicle death rates.
THATS THE INFO I WAS HOPING FOR!!! THANKYOU

I say get a different vehicle. I am sure the Accord is safe, but at this point it has shown where she is operating it and the people she is operating it around, it is not working. Try something else. Plus I think it would make her feel better, safer, and more confident which also makes the decision easy as to get another vehicle.
This is my thoughts!!! its clearly not meant to be!

Keep it. Don’t want any Chevy that new. If you want to get something else get a squad car that can take rear end crashes up to 75mph that’s the only car these days I feel safe in with how so many people drive.
I get that but overtime I have realized that the new car crumple zones truly save lives

There’s no such thing as fate or luck. Either you live in a bad area for crashes or your wife is a terrible driver. I’ve been in cars with “safe“ drivers, btw; by that, I mean that they drive too slowly, merge late, cut people off inadvertently or generally create an atmosphere of high tension in which an accident is probable, even if they’re not eventually found at fault. They simply drive obliviously and others react and throw emotion into the mix. In these situations, they cause others to act erratically, even though the route cause, if properly examined, might show the “safe” driver to be at the center of things. This is common with overly timid drivers and is in no way a dig at your wife. It either is or is not true and only you, who have driven with her, can determine this, even if you don’t want to admit it here on BITOG.

If this is the case, a larger vehicle may make her safer, despite what others say, but it may also give her a false sense of security.

Finally, how many accidents have you gotten into, assuming a similar route and driving history (mileage) to her’s? That might shed some light on the route cause, as well.

wow; that Accord has been through a lot; I thing its time to move on regarding the accord; however, that move may not solve your problem

btw, what do you drive, is there way of you both guys swapping your daily drivers between you?

There’s no such thing as fate or luck. Either you live in a bad area for crashes or your wife is a terrible driver. I’ve been in cars with “safe“ drivers, btw; by that, I mean that they drive too slowly, merge late, cut people off inadvertently or generally create an atmosphere of high tension in which an accident is probable, even if they’re not eventually found at fault. They simply drive obliviously and others react and throw emotion into the mix. In these situations, they cause others to act erratically, even though the route cause, if properly examined, might show the “safe” driver to be at the center of things. This is common with overly timid drivers and is in no way a dig at your wife. It either is or is not true and only you, who have driven with her, can determine this, even if you don’t want to admit it here on BITOG.

If this is the case, a larger vehicle may make her safer, despite what others say, but it may also give her a false sense of security.

Finally, how many accidents have you gotten into, assuming a similar route and driving history (mileage) to her’s? That might shed some light on the route cause, as well.
Man shes a bad driver... bigger vehicle asap! Me? driving 100 plus miles a day for a long time and always being the driver on family days? 1 at 15 with no license... ( 31 now)

Back