What would you do?

My wife has been hit 3 times in her car in 3 years! Deciding if we should keep or sell.Thoughts appreciated! 17 accord sport se. 45k well cared miles. Truck or suv would be safer? Would be a used gm suv ( tahoe/yukon) or new crewcab 21 silverado lt 4wd 5.3 which we would add leather / heated seats

Assuming its easily affordable in the purchase price and feeding i would definitely get the Tahoe or Truck. Why not have more mass and size as a defense to the horrible drivers everywhere?

If she keeps her eyes moving watching the roads and scanning the mirrors, she may do better anticipating and avoid being a target=defensive driving. A good driver's class might help.

gathermewool

Site Donor
I'm sorry to hear what your wife has gone through. I would keep it. It's already lost a lot of value; even if you don't disclose the accidents, and even if they don't show up on Carfax, a good dealer will be able to figure it out and give you rock-bottom trade-in.

Under what conditions did these accidents occur?

I'm not saying it's your wife's fault, but I have to remind my wife over and over to turn her lights on when it's rainy weather, even if we can see just fine.
In a black car, it's even more important to BE seen at all times.
Are your DRL still functional?

My wife has been hit 3 times in her car in 3 years! Deciding if we should keep or sell.Thoughts appreciated! 17 accord sport se. 45k well cared miles. Truck or suv would be safer? Would be a used gm suv ( tahoe/yukon) or new crewcab 21 silverado lt 4wd 5.3 which we would add leather / heated seats
I had one of those cars. A red '78 Ford Fiesta. Pretty much every body part was dented, scuffed, sat on and bent, shot, etc. And for good measure the interior trim broke too - door handles, window cranks, heater controls, radio knobs!

People could see it all just fine. A taxi driver ran into the back bumper when I stopped at a stop sign - "I didn't know you were going to stop," he said.

I sold it when it was 2 years old. What a relief.

Sounds like she needs this rig.

FH9342.JPG

Maybe hard wire the amber safety light so it comes on whenever the key is in the ignition. 😁

Since she's the driver in these incidents, how does she feel about it? If she's worried about being in too small a vehicle, then it's an easy decision.

Gladtojoin88

I'm sorry to hear what your wife has gone through. I would keep it. It's already lost a lot of value; even if you don't disclose the accidents, and even if they don't show up on Carfax, a good dealer will be able to figure it out and give you rock-bottom trade-in.

Under what conditions did these accidents occur?

I'm not saying it's your wife's fault, but I have to remind my wife over and over to turn her lights on when it's rainy weather, even if we can see just fine.
In a black car, it's even more important to BE seen at all times.
Are your DRL still functional?
Both drl are newer!!! from the first accident