What would you do?

Driver training class and a minivan with the highest safety rating? Though if the accidents are not her fault she shouldn’t be made to feel they are. They are or they aren’t. Sometimes no matter how alert you are someone will not be, and hit you. Sometimes driving a different route that feels safer, less cross traffic or whatever, is what I try sometimes. Some routes are just race tracks. The short cut routes are usually populated by the drivers that are in a hurry, competitive, and aggressive.

wow; that Accord has been through a lot; I thing its time to move on regarding the accord; however, that move may not solve your problem

btw, what do you drive, is there way of you both guys swapping your daily drivers between you?
While its at bodyshop yes but overall no 97 camry le 217k 3.0 v6 and 03 silverado lt z71 extended cab

Driver training class and a minivan with the highest safety rating? Though if the accidents are not her fault she shouldn’t be made to feel they are. They are or they aren’t. Sometimes no matter how alert you are someone will not be, and hit you. Sometimes driving a different route that feels safer, less cross traffic or whatever, is what I try sometimes. Some routes are just race tracks. The short cut routes are usually populated by the drivers that are in a hurry, competitive, and aggressive.
I never make her feel that they are! but im worried that we have been lucky and that isnt good

I never make her feel that they are! but im worried that we have been lucky and that isnt good
I was saying that in relation to her taking a driver training refresher course. Somehow a stranger is often more listened to than a spouse. But it will make her feel she is the problem, even though it is only to sharpen her defensive driving skills.

I was saying that in relation to her taking a driver training refresher course. Somehow a stranger is often more listened to than a spouse. But it will make her feel she is the problem, even though it is only to sharpen her defensive driving skills.
Thats we need but regardless a new car is in order

I surely cant say that as the husband!

I agree and the OP has acknowledged that he hasn't made her feel as if she's at fault. With that said, I've driven with people who were in accidents and were never found to be at-fault likely solely because of circumstantial evidence, i.e., someone who hit them in the rear, no witnesses or cam. If you brake check someone or cut them off and cause someone to hit you in the rear, there are two ways it plays out IMO:

1. Rear vehicle equipped with a camera, showing no immediate reason to stop or a stop after cut-off: brake-checker is likely held at least partially at fault to fully at fault, depending on the circumstances (e.g., more at fault for a cut-off and brake-check accident than a simple brake-check for a less apparent reason)

2. No Camera: brake-checker is likely found 0% at fault if they're sly enough to lie about what happened

That's just one example. In the end, the OP hasn't really described his wife's driving issues, let alone any specific examples, so I personally give her the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to bad luck. Her being oblivious is bad, but if she's at LEAST focused on what's in front of her, signals well in advance and drives somewhere close to the speed limit she shouldn't have too much trouble getting to where she's going and any fault lies with others, as has been found to be true thus for, for a miriad of reasons. Maybe she's too slow, pulls out too late, but with plenty of time for the other person to react, but causes the other to tail-gate her hard, etc. The latter is borderline bad driver behavior; there are a million examples of borderline bad behavior that shouldn't cause an accident if the other person is paying attention and not trying to be king of the road or something.

Back