What would you do?

Since she's the driver in these incidents, how does she feel about it? If she's worried about being in too small a vehicle, then it's an easy decision.
She is scared in general now.. figure a different car may take away the constant reminder

Sounds like she needs this rig.

FH9342.JPG

Maybe hard wire the amber safety light so it comes on whenever the key is in the ignition. 😁
Sad but true!! She had an 03 burb and got hit in it 8 months pregnant ! focus ruined and suburban had a dent and ruined wheel

I'm sorry to hear what your wife has gone through. I would keep it. It's already lost a lot of value; even if you don't disclose the accidents, and even if they don't show up on Carfax, a good dealer will be able to figure it out and give you rock-bottom trade-in.

Under what conditions did these accidents occur?

I'm not saying it's your wife's fault, but I have to remind my wife over and over to turn her lights on when it's rainy weather, even if we can see just fine.
In a black car, it's even more important to BE seen at all
If she keeps her eyes moving watching the roads and scanning the mirrors, she may do better anticipating and avoid being a target=defensive driving. A good driver's class might help.
Where do you find these? It is needed

How is it not?

If safety is a concern, moving to a larger vehicle is a surefire way have mass on your side.
Because he doesn't have a Civic. He has a Honda Accord. If it wasn't safe, they wouldn't sell it. Plus with an SUV, you have a higher center of gravity and more expensive costs. She'll be fine.

I cant believe that the lt 4wd crewcab truck can be had for 40k and the tahoe/ yukon is everybit of 20k more..

Because he doesn't have a Civic. He has a Honda Accord. If it wasn't safe, they wouldn't sell it. Plus with an SUV, you have a higher center of gravity and more expensive costs. She'll be fine.
The car has done its job I will absolutely say that

Funny thing about trucks/"suv's" vs small cars. Gf and I were driving back from Houston last night. Houston got zero snow or ice. About 45 min north of Houston all hell book loose and the roads were covered with snow and it was falling down to where you could barely see. We drove literally 30mph the whole way back. Guess which vehicles were either turned over in the ditches or had run off the road permenantly stuck requiring being pulled out? Trucks and "suv's". All the small cars and sedans were cruising along unscathed.:D

Funny thing about trucks/"suv's" vs small cars. Gf and I were driving back from Houston last night. Houston got zero snow or ice. About 45 min north of Houston all hell book loose and the roads were covered with snow and it was falling down to where you could barely see. We drove literally 30mph the whole way back. Guess which vehicles were either turned over in the ditches or had run off the road permenantly stuck requiring being pulled out? Trucks and "suv's". All the small cars and sedans were cruising along unscathed.:D
That’s because people think AWD/4x4 will save them and that they can drive like it’s a nice sunny day out in the snow. Has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the vehicle.

We're not talking about a Civic.

And I'd rather be in a 2020 3500 dually but that's neither here nor there.
You wouldn’t, 3/4 and 1 ton trucks have abysmal side impact performance surprisingly. Give me a unibody sedan all day Long, I own a truck, trucks by and large have awful crash test ratings and don’t allow you to evade an accident as well.

You wouldn’t, 3/4 and 1 ton trucks have abysmal side impact performance surprisingly. Give me a unibody sedan all day Long, I own a truck, trucks by and large have awful crash test ratings and don’t allow you to evade an accident as well.

Not all trucks get bad crash ratings... the new Ram 1500 is an IIHS top safety pick.

Back