What kind of oil should I use

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my Honda factory-filled oil at 3000 mile. The manual recommends to keep the oil at least 5000 mile. What should i do to make up the possible damage to the engine due to my early change.

What kind of oil have the similar function as Honda's factory-filled oil?

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Dan2:
I changed my Honda factory-filled oil at 3000 mile. The manual recommends to keep the oil at least 5000 mile. What should i do to make up the possible damage to the engine due to my early change.

Thanks

Hi,

I don't think you have much to worry about.
I hear that Honda factory fill has a lot of
Moly. So next time, do an oil change with
Redline which has more Moly than any other oil.

You're fine regardless.

cheers.gif

Jae

quote:

Originally posted by Dan2:

Thanks

When your owners manual says change at 5000 miles, it does not mean to leave it at least that long, it means don't leave it any longer. There is no damage done by changing oil early.

I just changed it several days ago. I concern that I may lost some of advantage because I changed it two thousand miles earlier. So I hope to have a similar oil as Honda's factory oil for next two thousand miles. Redline 5W20 sounds a good choice. Local store here has Mobile 1 0W20. I am not sure which one is better?

if you changed it at 3K miles, your fine. the engine is already broken in by 1000 miles, hell i would say after 500 miles any engine is broken in.

Dan2,
Seeing that your local store has Mobil 1 OW20, that would be a very good choice for you to use.
In the pricing of synthetics, it is a very good value, as well as a very good product (an readily available).

Good Day,
Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back