What is your "under the mattress" firearm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S&W Model 10-3 with +P. A ho- hum revolver for sure but it looks like a work or art. Love those S&W revolvers from fifty years ago. Wish I had one in .45 Auto.

You can't modify the barrel length, but if it's short from the manufacturer it's ok. One example:

It's OAL that in many cases limits barrel length, which is why the ones without a butt stock can't have as short a barrel. I'd have to look it up, but I know there is both a barrel length limit as well as an OAL one IIRC.

12 gauge auto with buck shot, and two dogs for alarm. Also have a 9mm Sig loaded with hollow points, for back-up...don’t have time in the dark to mess around trying to hit something with a hand gun!

SP101 and 12 gauge in the bedroom.

A solid combo. my short/ long combo is...

SP101 in nightstand drawer and 357M lever action rifle in the bedroom closet.

Neighbor had a mountain lion take a sheep down last night.

I may pull the 12G out to give me a little more leeway tracking a fast moving target.

My night pistol isn't under the mattress. I want it where I can get to it in seconds notice. For several years it has been laying on the mattress right beside me and will remain there as long as it's just me and the wife here. It's a Ruger 9E semi-automatic 17 round capacity condition 3. I've got others pistols within arms reach just in case it would malfunction and about 10 within 5' but some of those are in locked combination cases.

Guns are all in the basement safe here. How many of you have had to use one during a break in?
I have. A guy broke into our Houston apartment by ripping the sliding glass door from the frame as I slept next to my new bride. She awoke, but kept quiet as he rummaged through the place. He ended up right next to me using a butane lighter to search thru my wallet on the nightstand..the noise of him flicking the lighter woke me up. I leaped up and pushed him into the corner and we traded punches. My naked wife grabbed the covers and ran to her single shot 20ga. Shotgun in her closet. Behind me I heard her load that shotgun, slam it shut and then a “click”! I was between her and the intruder...I ran like a greyhound when I heard that hammer cock.

I got the gun, she called the HPD and 30 minutes later they arrived. They beat the guy a bit with flashlights and hauled him off. He was an illegal and we never heard a thing from the police. Deported? Maybe. Thrown off a bridge? Maybe.

I asked her why she grabbed the covers to go for her gun..she said, “If he had seen me naked?...I would have had to shoot him!”

This was 1980 and I have keept a gun closer than the closet ever since.

Springfield XD-S 9mm, I've never shot a more perfect self defense pistol (for me).

It's in my top underwear drawer, not under my mattress.

If things go really south, I have my AR and my VR80 in my cabinet ~3 feet from my bed.

You guys might think that is overkill, but my house has evidence of multiple break in's in the way of broken door jams, etc. We also live in the middle of no-where with a main 4-lane highway on the side or our property. So far in our 3 years here, we have not had any trouble yet.

Springfield XD-S 9mm, I've never shot a more perfect self defense pistol (for me).

It's in my top underwear drawer, not under my mattress.

If things go really south, I have my AR and my VR80 in my cabinet ~3 feet from my bed.

You guys might think that is overkill, but my house has evidence of multiple break in's in the way of broken door jams, etc. We also live in the middle of no-where with a main 4-lane highway on the side or our property. So far in our 3 years here, we have not had any trouble yet.

Yikes what a signature. If they start by breaking into your cars I feel sorry for them by the time they make it to your underwear drawer. Talk about lying in wait.

Zillow with a safer zip code plugged in.

I know, it's not feasible most of the time. I just hate we have to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back