What is your state or province or country known for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
- The Toronto Maple Leafs

That's more notoriety than fame.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Garak

wink.gif

BAH HAHAHAHHA
thumbsup2.gif
Well played.

A couple of football teams which are mediocre at best (I am a Boston Red Sox fan) and wide open spaces in the western part of the state. "The sun rose and the sun set and I still ain't out of Texas yet!" is the motto of anyone who has driven across Texas on I-10 (880 miles from border to border).

Digging deep into your pockets with useless new taxes every time they can, and the continued strive to infringe on 2nd amendment rights. I call it the "Cali Syndrome".

Are there any states left that are actually worth living in that aren't making life a continued drain on society? Where's the "Don't Tread on Me" flag?

Originally Posted by Garak

wink.gif

BAH HAHAHAHHA
thumbsup2.gif
Well played.

I really can't say much, since the Riders have similar notoriety. You know when a team's defence gets more points than the offence, there's trouble.

Years ago Reading Pennsylvania was known for there outlets. That has since been copied by multiple multiple states. How about Hersheys Chocolate made in Hershey Pennsylvania.

Dale

(Western) New York

What are we known for...

Four seasons -- very beautiful (we all hope they are).
Snow.
Wings.
Genny Beer (hey Rochester).
High taxes.
And... citizens hopeful for some change and some actual representation besides a cover-all from NYC.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Digging deep into your pockets with useless new taxes every time they can, and the continued strive to infringe on 2nd amendment rights. I call it the "Cali Syndrome".

Are there any states left that are actually worth living in that aren't making life a continued drain on society? Where's the "Don't Tread on Me" flag?

Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, the Dakota's, possibly Utah. Maybe a few other so-called (by MSB's) flyover states.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Years ago Reading Pennsylvania was known for there outlets. That has since been copied by multiple multiple states. How about Hersheys Chocolate made in Hershey Pennsylvania.

Dale

Three Mile Island, Larry Holmes, Starrucca and Nicholson railroad viaducts,Intercourse, Blue Ball and Lititz, and many other unique and colorful town names.

And here on BITOG, who can overlook the birth of the petroleum industry, and Pennsylvania Grade Motor Oil?

Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
Gateway to the West.

You forgot Lambert's. Home of the hand throwed rolls.

And the Cardinals.

Originally Posted by Rmay635703
Wisconsin

More lakes than MN

Too funny. That's the same thing my friends from Michigan say.

Last edited:
Speaking of colorful names and Gateways, Bob Hope said " Welcome to Calgary, gateway to Balzac" at the Calgary Stampede many years ago. Balzac was the name of a small town north of Calgary. Calgary has 1-1/4 million people. Balzac, maybe 500.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Speaking of colorful names and Gateways, Bob Hope said " Welcome to Calgary, gateway to Balzac" at the Calgary Stampede many years ago. Balzac was the name of a small town north of Calgary. Calgary has 1-1/4 million people. Balzac, maybe 500.

I miss Bob Hope so much. What a super talented entertainer. And one heck of a fantastic human being.

Originally Posted by BHopkins
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot

I miss Bob Hope so much. What a super talented entertainer. And one heck of a fantastic human being.

And hey I wanna tell ya' he loved the fine oil and gasoline from the good folks at Texaco and the way they knocked out the knocks.

Oahu, HI

Overpopulation.
Toyota Tacomas, lifted tacomas, lowered tacomas, buss up tacomas, loud tacomas, tacomas everywhere
High cost of living
Expensive to build anything here. We have a $10billion rail system who knows when it's gonna get done or where it gonna finish. Median cost of a home: $800,000
Living with your parents. Multi-generational households. Much cheaper to extend an existing home than to buy a new home.
Zero lot townhouses.
Horrid traffic.
Overpopulation. How much people can you fit in an island that was once inhabited by native Hawaiians?

Originally Posted by ZZman
The Great Lakes!

Ditto,
plus our thousands of square miles of public lands and forest.
Oh yea, and we also make a few cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back