What is your state known for?

well i am going to say what my province is known for. yeah it's not a state, but it's close enough. and believe me, i am not going to hold back. sorry if the thread is locked. it's funny as hell, i went through all 8 pages. it cured my depression.

my province is known for:
tyrannical government
highest taxes on planet earth with lowest quality of services.
highest corruption in canada.
widespread communism propaganda.
worse roads in north america.
most severe pandemic measures in the americas.
most rude people in north america, maybe even the world.
strip clubs and massage salons pretty much everywhere.
poutine.
maple syrup.
gilles villeneuve.
bombardier snowmobile.
cirque du soleil.

Abraham Lincoln
Corn & Soybeans
TAXES
Government corruption at every level
Government waste, fraud, and abuse
Dirty politics
Da Bears
Da Bulls
Cheif Illiniwek

Last edited:
TAXES
Government corruption at every level
Government waste, fraud, and abuse
Dirty politics

I think that just about describes them all.

• Seventh-largest state in size
  • 24 hour legalized gambling & prostitution
  • Area 51
  • Wild horses
  • Lake Tahoe, Pyramid Lake, Lake Mead
  • Largest gold producer in US
  • No income tax
  • Almost 90% of land owned by the feds
  • Driest state in US
  • No lottery allowed
  • Most mountainous state in the US
  • Levis jeans were invented in Reno by tailor Jacob Davis
  • Burning Man

IL
- corrupt politicians that can't cover their tracks very well
- polluted rivers and lakes
- legal weed

well i am going to say what my province is known for. yeah it's not a state, but it's close enough. and believe me, i am not going to hold back. sorry if the thread is locked. it's funny as hell, i went through all 8 pages. it cured my depression.

my province is known for:
tyrannical government
highest taxes on planet earth with lowest quality of services.
highest corruption in canada.
widespread communism propaganda.
worse roads in north america.
most severe pandemic measures in the americas.
most rude people in north america, maybe even the world.
strip clubs and massage salons pretty much everywhere.
poutine.
maple syrup.
gilles villeneuve.
bombardier snowmobile.
cirque du soleil.
From our side, its cheap huge cases of beer, 180 proof alcool, 18 yr old drinking age, Le Canadien, thrashed used cars with sketchy titles, and a cheap place to have a cottage! Good skiing too!
And I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't like visiting Montreal though, for various reasons! :LOL:

I was super surprised with the authoritarian governing style though that revealed itself during the pandemic. I don't know which type of voters that appeals too, but I don't think any stripe of government would survive the next election in any other province?

What's Ontario known for?
Toronto
Cottage Country
Fishing?
No accent? (I met quite a few europeans in Australia who's 3rd,4th language was english and they could hardly understand the locals, but had no trouble understanding me, some described me as having no accent?)
Niagara Falls

No accent? (I met quite a few europeans in Australia who's 3rd,4th language was english and they could hardly understand the locals, but had no trouble understanding me, some described me as having no accent?)
Niagara Falls
Many aussies and brits do NOT speak English.. I am not even sure what the heck they are babbling. The queen's English fine, USA and Canuckian English is fine.

From our side, its cheap huge cases of beer, 180 proof alcool, 18 yr old drinking age, Le Canadien, thrashed used cars with sketchy titles, and a cheap place to have a cottage! Good skiing too!
And I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't like visiting Montreal though, for various reasons! :LOL:

I was super surprised with the authoritarian governing style though that revealed itself during the pandemic. I don't know which type of voters that appeals too, but I don't think any stripe of government would survive the next election in any other province?

What's Ontario known for?
Toronto
Cottage Country
Fishing?
Niagara Falls
love ontario. my dad is from ontario from irish ancestry. my mom is french canadian. quite the party 😆
i feel more at home in ontario than quebec, although i love quebec very much too. one of my friend has a home on the shores of lake superior in goulais river. most beautiful place i have seen in my life and the sugar maple forests are a sight to behold. i always have a good supply of very good maple syrup, my nephew has a small sugar shack with 7000 maple trees that are tapped. when i speak french canadian in france, almost no one understand me and yet in martinique and guadeloupe, everyone understand me and they even know exactly where i come from 😆

Many aussies and brits do NOT speak English.. I am not even sure what the heck they are babbling. The queen's English fine, USA and Canuckian English is fine.
Yikes! those are fightin' words! :eek:
I think the only place I've been in an english speaking country where we had some trouble understanding folks was in rural Scotland, before google maps, and my Dad would stop the car beside someone on the street and ask them for directions to some obscure place... After a bunch of aRRR's and ACCCHHH's they'd smile, and we'd thank them for their help and then compare notes on what we thought we heard! I think some of them just liked messing with the tourists!

Yikes! those are fightin' words! :eek:
I think the only place I've been in an english speaking country where we had some trouble understanding folks was in rural Scotland, before google maps, and my Dad would stop the car beside someone on the street and ask them for directions to some obscure place... After a bunch of aRRR's and ACCCHHH's they'd smile, and we'd thank them for their help and then compare notes on what we thought we heard! I think some of them just liked messing with the tourists!
I came to the same conclusion when asking for directions to ancient pubs and such.

Palisade peaches, rocky ford Cantaloupes, Dazbog, and Vail Mountain coffee. Skiing Pikes peak cog rail

Back