Keep my cousin in your thoughts and prayers

images.jpeg

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference.

Well, my female cousin has improved some. Moved to regular hospital room. Her brother Jacob says doc told him โ€œshe has a very long way to go in futureโ€. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
In my case, it is the rest of my life. Based on the way I used to live, I am on borrowed time.
And I know it. And I am forever grateful.

Good Late Evening BITOGERS. To update thread, I wonโ€™t be going to hospital to see cousin. Sheโ€™s now in patient rehab. At 36 years old; doctor told her โ€œif you want to live, you have to stop NOW or you will have a tough, short life expectancyโ€.

Aunt and her mom tell me this all started 2 years before the โ€œsituationโ€ we all experienced. Hospital wonโ€™t release her until she completes in-patient rehab. I will go see her and talk with her. Thank You all and keep ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป For her.

Thank You all again

36 is a good age for recovery. You are not young and tough anymore. It gets harder. I hope it is too hard for her and she is open to sobriety. There is recovery; I am evidence.

Prayers. I recently lost a cousin who was 48. Cheap whiskey, vodka or rum by the proverbial bucket full, purchased from the local reservation every payday. Near the end she was a pathetic, yellow skinned, paranoid bag of bones, hallucinating and terrified. Sad, sad, sad.

Last edited:
I hope that your Cousin finds the peace of mind that she's needing, but seeking through unhealthy means. Unfortunately, there are times when it takes hitting rock bottom before realizing that there's nowhere else to go but up.
I will never judge a person facing addiction for I have not walked a mile in their shoes. At 34 she still has a lot of life to live, I hope that she overcomes all of this and goes on to a happy long life.

So talked to my aunt and cousins mom. She is living with her mom, having some pain when eating; obviously from over 4 years of nothing but alcohol. BUT: Iโ€™m glad sheโ€™s making positive progress. Sheโ€™s alive which is great. Thank You all ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Make sure they don't start prescribing meds to her before she has stopped drinking. My brother in law left hospital started rehab doctor's gave him all kinds of antidepressants went home started drinking with the medication and hung himself.

Well, to update this thread my cousin is working now full time. Struggling to get back to eating a few meals. At least sheโ€™s staying sober. I plan to go up there next weekend possibly.

I myself am trying (not very well at that) to cut back on beer consumption. My drive is that Iโ€™m working hard, and staying out of police radar/sight

The body has an amazing ability to heal. If she has โ€˜got the messageโ€™, and stays sober, she will most likely live a long life. She is young enough she can turn this all around. I wish her nothing but the best!

Back