What is your state known for?

Well I guess it depends on who's thinking of Arkansas and what it's known for. I'm sure a lot of the L.A. and New York City crowd (among others) thinks it's toothless hillbillies married to their cousins and the "People of Walmart" memes. :unsure: :sneaky:
Diamonds, Walmart, Tyson chicken, and Mark Martin for you race fans.

OH has few tornadoes compared to other states...no hurricanes-forest fires-earthquakes-few blizzards-and floods are only a problem if you live too near the water. Not much to recommend this place, but if you like cloudy weather you'll love OH.

In Connecticut

One party In the state Gov.
High taxes
State motto UNDER CONSTRUCTION, DETOUR AHEAD
Proposed Tolls everywhere
Massive Deficit spending
Can't control spending

There's more but I'm getting a headache.

Tom B
Totally agree with all that.And like you said there is so much more ...

Good Adternoon folks. My state, Pennsylvania is known for the Amish communities, bad roads, great sports teams, and historical places. What is your state known for, good and or bad?

Thank You all 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍺

D22AD2A2-EA60-4D4C-86B7-6A2E983AE6AA.jpeg

In Connecticut

One party In the state Gov.
High taxes
State motto UNDER CONSTRUCTION, DETOUR AHEAD
Proposed Tolls everywhere
Massive Deficit spending
Can't control spending

There's more but I'm getting a headache.

Tom B

Sounds a lot like Illinois as well.... Guess I won't be moving to CT anytime soon.

Originally the Cornhusker State. We had corn. The largest city in the state is the University Stadium during football games. Hastings, Cabela's, and shotgun wads. Natives scoff at steak sauce.
Where I live now: Crabs, The Star Spangled Banner,

PA.
The good: Still known for some nice streams, scenic roads, mountains and great foods.
Great people in some areas.
Too many festivals.

The bad:
Incessant tar and chipping of State and Municipal roads.
Highest state road fuel taxes in the US. for some years. Proposed tolls on Interstates other than the Pa. Turnpike.
Often corrupt local government. Sometimes state government. Multiple mayors in prison.
Heroin, meth, fentanyl everywhere.
State parks in the East totally trashed by out of state visitors. Tons of trash, needles and dirty diapers.
Complete lack of any law enforcement presence on any roadway long before the Covid pandemic began.

Back