What is your standard OCI interval?

Yearly. I run Amsoil SS with either their filter or a comparable one. Now that I live so close to my work, I put on 12K miles or less per year.

7500 miles on 17 Outback, 3.6 with quality synthetic (Mobil 1 in my case) Fram Ultra filter since first oil change. This is due to driving 30-35k a year. If mileage was 15-20k a year I'd be that nut and drop to 5k OCI. I got issues!

Depends on driving conditions. If I a long cross country road trips happens, as high as 12,000 miles. Worst case maybe 4,000 miles. I also shorten or lengthen and OCI so I don't have to change oil in the middle of winter. Use store brand synthetics.

6 mos for the Accent. 12 mos for the Mazda3. Neither one accrues more than 2k miles in those time spans. M1HMFS 5w30 and Fram Ultra filters.

5k. I like 10k but FUD has been on my mind lately--I still think my PFI's were fine with it, but...

My TDI was fine with 10k it seemed, I got over 300k on that mill. But that was from an earlier time...

I been doing 7500 mi (or one year since I drive it so little) in our 2009 Honda AccordExl 2.4 engine.
I been doing 5000 mi in our 2018 Honda AccordExl 1.5 (diluter) T-GDI engine.
I also always replace the filters with new ones at each oci even though I found out Honda says every other. That makes zero sense to me to drain and fill an engine with new motor oil and yet send it thru a dirty / used oil filter. I also like to check my oils several times in between oci because I like to see exactly what the oil looks like. Has it stayed clean? Has it turned dark quickly etc... just one of my OCD
things. My :rolleyes:OilChangeDelusional habits! :rolleyes:

Back