What is your standard OCI interval?

Planning on 5K for the RAV4.
I did OLM changes (averaged about 7500mi) in the CR-V for 145000 miles. Used M1 AFE 0W-20 for the first 100K and PP for 45K. Still going strong. Switching to 5K OCI now that my daughter has it and short trips it.

I follow the OLM on both the Ram and Pacifica with a synthetic.

Usually works out to about 10k miles +/- a few hundred.

This last change on the Ram was almost 11k due to life schedule :oops:

My GLI came with the 3 prepaid oil change “option” per the window sticker for 10 K intervals. I’m changing it at 5K between dealer visits. Afterwards, my plan is 6K intervals since it’s a 2.0L engine with a 6 quart oil capacity. The Audi gets done every 5K.

I typically do 5K as well. Regardless of oil type. Synthetic or Semi-Synthetic.

My son's Santa Fe I do 4K OCI, due to the theta 2. May not make a difference on whether the engine blows or not, but I feel better doing it. It gets short tripped a lot, so I think it's a better fit.
Worry if it starts consuming a lot of oil.

I used to be very strict but lately I'm slacking. I follow the OLM in our Ford trucks and try to change between 10-15% left. My car that does short trips I try to do in October- only once a year regardless of mileage. Dump truck goes off hours and is currently at 300 hours and working back up towards 500 hours after an overhaul. Everything else gets one when I think about it. We have one farm truck that has taken over 3 years to reach 3000 miles. I'm not dumping out Schaeffer oil every year with less than 1000 miles on it.

Worry if it starts consuming a lot of oil.
My other sons 2014 KIA RIO does. I did 5K oil change intervals on that religiously and it started burning oil at around 100K. Bad design......but it now has 150K.

That's why I am doing 4K in the Santa Fe. Different engine obviously, but maybe it will help.

Back