What is your filter preference and your back up?

OEM Toyota Denso YZZD3, Fram Ultra 3600,or Mobil 1 209 For the truck.

Usually a Fram Ultra for the car but my wife is an Alexander Rossi fan (Indycar) and insists on a Napa filter. So be it.
I'm impressed that your wife knows what an oil filter is...let alone knows a brand! Mine wouldn't know where to look for the filter...

Mostly Fram with a mix of the PH9688 and the XG/TS9688. The last three runs have been on the extra guard's with 4k to 5k OCI's on syn blends. Never really buy the tough guards because the pricing for the 9688 doesn't make sense to when the ultra is something like $2 more and I don't run filters that long.

It's just hard to beat Fram's efficiency, availability and reliability for the price. Wix makes solid filters but with worse efficiency I don't see the benefit in spending $9 per filter for worse filtering over a 6k max OCI.

Mostly Fram with a mix of the PH9688 and the XG/TS9688. The last three runs have been on the extra guard's with 4k to 5k OCI's on syn blends. Never really buy the tough guards because the pricing for the 9688 doesn't make sense to when the ultra is something like $2 more and I don't run filters that long.

It's just hard to beat Fram's efficiency, availability and reliability for the price. Wix makes solid filters but with worse efficiency I don't see the benefit in spending $9 per filter for worse filtering over a 6k max OCI.
Subie, I agree with you 100%. I wouldn't use Wix filters if I couldn't get them on sale for 1/2 off.

Fram Ultra and Napa Gold (when on sale)
Purolator had problems cutting the ADBV, AC delco went to garbage. M1/Bosch are overpriced compared to the Ultra. Why would you use anything besides an Ultra when nothing has the same quality and efficiency for the price? For cartridges the German 3 still makes the best filters.
I feel like quality is a toss up now between Wix/Puro/Champion labs etc.. Fram still makes their filters and makes them well.

I use Fram ultra, Napa platinum when they're on sale at napa, Mobil 1 and Mann oil filters. The main 2 filters I use the most is Fram ultra and Mobil 1... I would like to try Baldwin oil filters next.

My preference for my Camry is the Toyota TRD. Maybe Fram Ultra as a backup.

Fram Ultra
Fram TG
Napa Platinum/Wix Xp

Motorcraft use to be on this list but no longer as I’ve seen to many defects.

My first go to is the US made Wix/Napas. Fram Ultras and tough guards are my ideal second if i cant get the Napa or Wix. If hastings/baldwin were easier to find, i would see about running those.

First Go to is Fleetguard LF 16035, backup is Fram Ultra or Titanium for my Ram Cummins.

Back