Wix XP vs Fram Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Wasn't there an old Beetle Bug once and most of em' had no heat or oil filter, that went around a million miles?
Or was that after a fall down the steps or on my bike, where I encountered that?....lol

Memories! My first car was a '73 Beetle. I dont remember a beetle without an oil filter but I certainly remember the lack of heater...not a big deal for comfort but a total PITA when the windows fogged/iced!

Originally Posted by newtoncd8
Originally Posted by SlavaB
Wix XP has a 99%@40 microns rating,

Wix XP, according to the O'Reilly's site, is 99%@35 microns. Not a huge difference, but enough to clarify.

If it's 99¢ at 35 microns, what's it at 20?like 95%
Yeah the whole 99% a 40um c a me from one member with an obvious agenda. Supposedly he called them and that's what wix told him. Never a bit of proof.
So many people eat that sorta propaganda up though lol

Wix XP, according to the O'Reilly's site, is 99%@35 microns. Not a huge difference, but enough to clarify.

If it's 99¢ at 35 microns, what's it at 20?like 95%
Yeah the whole 99% a 40um c a me from one member with an obvious agenda. Supposedly he called them and that's what wix told him. Never a bit of proof.

Originally Posted by Pinoak

If it's 99% at 35 microns, what's it at 20? like 95%

At one time WIX themselves showed the beta ratio of the XP on their website at 50% @ 20 microns, and even verified that on the phone via their tech line. If WIX doesn't know what it really is, nobody does. Now WIX doesn't show what the beta ratio is, or will even tell you on the phone when you call them. Go figure.

Originally Posted by RyanY
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Wasn't there an old Beetle Bug once and most of em' had no heat or oil filter, that went around a million miles?
Or was that after a fall down the steps or on my bike, where I encountered that?....lol

Memories! My first car was a '73 Beetle. I dont remember a beetle without an oil filter but I certainly remember the lack of heater...not a big deal for comfort but a total PITA when the windows fogged/iced!

The 60's era VW Beatles did not have oil filters. The pickup screen was to be cleaned and/or replaced every other oil change. The oil change interval was 2000 miles. These vehicles also had two exhaust heat exchangers. The air flowed from the cooling blower through the heat exchanger and into the ducts in the cabin. The heaters produced very hot air at 35mph and above. The problem was with low RPMs and low engine load. After market gas fired heaters were available for really cold climates.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Don't forget valve adjustment …

+1. Thanks for reminding me. I forgot about that. Valve jobs and / or rings before 75K miles.

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
I stopped using the Ultra. Would make my Escalade 6.0 lq9 tick at startup. I changed to the less efficient tough guard. No more startup ticks. Guess it prefers better flow. Changed the whole family to tough guards for sanity.

Regarding your truck, hows this for a deal?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-PACK-FRA...trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

Well never mind on the title question lol you just solved the next few years worth of filter changes! Thanks boss man!

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by Pinoak

If it's 99% at 35 microns, what's it at 20? like 95%

At one time WIX themselves showed the beta ratio of the XP on their website at 50% @ 20 microns, and even verified that on the phone via their tech line. If WIX doesn't know what it really is, nobody does. Now WIX doesn't show what the beta ratio is, or will even tell you on the phone when you call them. Go figure.

I can confirm this; Zee is correct. There was a time when Wix was telling us (those that cared to call and ask) that the XP line was 50% at 20um. But they pushed it as their premium "long life" filter. Now they don't even want to tell us at all what the beta is, or even a nomial; there's zilch on their site regarding the popular XP applications I looked up.

Each person should choose what they want to do. Given the info we believe to be reasonable, between the Ultra and XP, I'd take an Ultra. That's not what I actually use, but that's what I'd choose if those were the only two choices given me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Phishin

Beetle engines needed rebuilds before 100K. Sometimes 70k-80K miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back