Which Would "YOU" Prefer?

Wut … Then I don’t have to dig for a nice calculator …
(I do have to calculate lift forces once in a while) …
Of course the real easy way is: hey Steve, how much ? 😉

I was just messing around, like a nerd alert kinda thing lol

Reactions: 4WD
A decision is a decision, stick with it. You are fine as you are, bullies can try to dominate you and say you are not fine as you are, but you are stronger. I’ve seen how you stand your ground, ++++++ The whole thing here is not that serious, people end up trading the car or it rusts out and there goes all that oil filter hand wringing with it. 😄
Good thread, look how it lasts. 🏌🏻

Last edited:
Why is more better? More holes mean more volume but lower oil pressure. I pick the filter that came on the car from the factory.
So if there's too many holes your oil pressure might go to zero ... ?? :unsure: 😆

No, the filter media itself offers some resistance to flow so it will never be zero unless you have a major leak.
It was rhetoric ... because the fact is, the flow volume is the same any time the PD pump isn't in pressure relief, so "More holes mean more volume but lower oil pressure" isn't ever going to happen. The oiling system on an engine isn't like the water system in your house.

It was rhetoric ... because the fact is, the flow volume is the same any time the PD pump isn't in pressure relief, so "More holes mean more volume but lower oil pressure" isn't ever going to happen. The oiling system on an engine isn't like the water system in your house.
So why on some engines with excessive bearing clearance i.e. like a major leak, is the pressure low?

So why on some engines with excessive bearing clearance i.e. like a major leak, is the pressure low?
Because crank and rod bearings are the main components in an engine that determine what the oil pressure is. The oil filter has no effect on engine oil pressure unless the oil pump is in pressure relief, which is hardly ever.

I doubt in real life your engine wouldn't know the difference between the 2 filters in its life over your of ownership of the vehicle.

Back