What is the first album/tape/CD you ever purchased?

This is the absolute very first record I ever remember owning. My sister and I had gotten sick at the same time, and our dad brought us home a record. It was called "The Chilling Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House". We thought it was AWESOME!! I must've been 4 and she was 7. This was in the mid 70s sometime. We played that record over and over again!! I still have it too!!
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by kschachn
Led Zeppelin's In Through the Out Door. It was sold in a plain brown wrapper, that's probably why I remember it.

That's a valuable album now. I think it was released with 4 different covers?

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by kschachn
Led Zeppelin's In Through the Out Door. It was sold in a plain brown wrapper, that's probably why I remember it.
That's a valuable album now. I think it was released with 4 different covers?

Yeah I had forgotten about that, but weren't they all inside the outer brown wrapper? You brushed water on it? and colors came out.

I like your album too, I probably had something like that as a kid too before the Led Zep album. I know a friend had a Cheech and Chong album we listened to that my parents would have never bought for me
grin.gif

Deep Purple Made In Japan, the live album all others are measured against. bought it in 1974

The first album I can recall going out and buying myself was "Beatles '65" - bought the mono version instead of stereo to save a buck. I still have it.

I received Madonna's 'Like a Virgin' at what I believe was my 12th birthday party. My parents wouldn't let me keep it.

I replaced it with ' The Sensational Alex Harvey Band Live!!!'

Back