What is the absolute best mainstream full synthetic oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford Orange is reported to be a Dexcool coolant (uses 2-EHA) ....Ford Yellow is reported to be Prestone's (newer) AMAM which uses phosphates along with 2-EHA. If you want phosphates without 2-EHA you could use PEAK 10X....I agree that you should drive the car and not worry too much except for changing the coolant more often...like every 3 years using the Prestone or PEAK.

Spaceballs.jpg

\
enquirer.jpg

My parents 2010 lost the water pump around 240k miles. 3k mile conventional oil changes, all Highway driving. Got sold to a mechanic I used to work with for $500 and he fixed it. The timing chains were completely shot. Would have been a $3500 repair at retail prices. The rest of the car has been great though.

I'm not sure why the OP is worried at 11800 miles. There's a possibility OP won't even own the vehicle when/if the waterpump fails. I think it should be mentioned that only the FWD based engines have the horrible waterpump design that OP is worried about. This includes FWD Ecoboosts as well, last I heard.

My previous job had 2 explorers with the 3.5 in their fleet. One went almost 300k before the waterpump had enough. The other was at 255k when they got rid of it, without a waterpump failure. These are vehicles that get around 50-60k a year put on them and only get oil changes and air filters. The oil used was always the "house brand" conventional at the independent muffler shop that was contracted to do all passenger car oil changes with the company.

I don't see a plethora of Ford vehicles with the 3.5 sitting on the side of the road. At 11800 I'd worry as much about this as I would a timing belt on a car with 11800. Can it fail? Yes. Will it fail in the near future? The chances are not high enough to worry about right now.

I'm sorry, what? Are you working on your fiction writing skills for the National Enquirer because otherwise, this is one of the most ludicrous posts I've read on here in a while.
I did say maybe. You know, maybe? Proove me wrong.

I feel OCI is more important than the actual brand of oil used. Have you thought about this type and if it would benefit the water pump at all?
34a7b449-df7a-4eb1-a1f8-7aacc037e203.389ec9de24350c672779c32218d69fac.jpeg

You are using the best priced full syn oil now.
Look for rebates buy what ever ends up being best priced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back