What happens if you don't change yer oil?!?!

This was from a 20 or 21(I wasn't the one working on it) DT Ram, 3.6. Came in for noise in engine. Yep bad lifter/cam noise in right bank. Look at oil.....oops, none on stick. No sticker on windshield, change oil warning on dash. Ask cust, when last change was, come to find out, it only had 2 oil changes in 50k, Klms. Oh Oh. Borescope down oil fill shows excess sludge. So we get permission to pull valve cover, with pretty much a guarantee its not going to be warranty. Found this mess. Every center intake lobe is wiped. Sorry sir thats a no go on warranty today. Probably going to be a 20k bill. We wont fix this engine, with this much sludge. Funny thing is, he bought a large extended warranty, that comes with free oil changes!

20230711_095922.jpg
20230711_095937.jpg

This was from a 20 or 21(I wasn't the one working on it) DT Ram, 3.6. Came in for noise in engine. Yep bad lifter/cam noise in right bank. Look at oil.....oops, none on stick. No sticker on windshield, change oil warning on dash. Ask cust, when last change was, come to find out, it only had 2 oil changes in 50k, Klms. Oh Oh. Borescope down oil fill shows excess sludge. So we get permission to pull valve cover, with pretty much a guarantee its not going to be warranty. Found this mess. Every center intake lobe is wiped. Sorry sir thats a no go on warranty today. Probably going to be a 20k bill. We wont fix this engine, with this much sludge. Funny thing is, he bought a large extended warranty, that comes with free oil changes!

View attachment 166636View attachment 166637
What a bone head! I love your posts. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
My Italian girlfriend blew up an engine from not changing the oil. It was before I came along, so I’m not implicated in the conspiracy. I helped her purchase her current ride and I’m on top of her or service intervals.
...and you stuck with her? Those darn Italian women, I tell ya, first they plug the drain with their hair, then they make pasta for dinner all the time and then blow up engines! :ROFLMAO:

I'll keep my 🇮🇹 wife forever!

These pictures, along with pictures of the odometer and the repair bill, should go on the wall both on the showroom floor and at the parts counter. I can't help but wonder if the infidel might have an epiphany on vehicle maintenance AFTER he gets the repair bill.

And folks here are worried about thwir warranty by going more than 6 mos with a few K miles in a recent post. This is an example of oil-related failure that gets a warranty denial...not regular changes that vary slightly from the manual.

There's a YT channel called "Just Rolled In". Several times a year they have an example of gross negligence; no oil changes, etc.

While not "common", it's not unheard of by any means for folks to never change oil, and never even check it until the engine seizes.

There's a YT channel called "Just Rolled In". Several times a year they have an example of gross negligence; no oil changes, etc.

While not "common", it's not unheard of by any means for folks to never change oil, and never even check it until the engine seizes.
That's one of my favorite channels lately!

My ex wife, girlfriend at the time, had a Kia with 74,000 miles on it and never had the oil changed. She said she just added it. Anyway she sold the car to a neighbor across the street. 2 weeks later the crank broke. The neighbor came over to complain and said something about the oil. That's when I learned about her oil change policy.

Back