What do you collect?

Recently, non-Raspberry Pi single board computers. I somehow have five of them now but only have a use for one (for Pi-hole).

Now that I’m older than some redwoods, I don’t collect stuff as much as I used to. Even so, I’m a sucker for custom firearms. 🤷‍♂️

Used to collect comic books. Haven't really done it in decades but I'm wondering if any of them are worth anything as I have archived the boxes.

Right now I'm looking for Hot Wheels for my kid. Mostly based on real cars made under license of automakers, as many of the fictional cars are just weird. But some are fairly normal looking like their ice cream truck and one they call "70's Van". It's almost all their "main line" series, although I've noticed that there are different UPC numbers for ones meant solely for distribution in the US and Canada or ones for more international distribution.
When we were kids, we would say I sure wish I had Action 1, or Detective 27. They have sold for $3 mil and $1.75 mil respectively. Be a bummer if one's mom threw them out like she threw mine out (I doubt any were valuable).

My aunt had a 1995 BMW M3 Lightweight, and she was so pleased in 2002 that after having it for 6 years, she got more than she paid which was $38k. One of them went for $385k 3 years ago

What is hilarious is there are (super rich) folks we can end up riding the elevator at work with, who think these numbers are meaningless and not much at all :ROFLMAO:

Antique radios, about 20 of them. I've got ones ranging from a 1921 Westinghouse Aeriola Senior to a 1953 Zenith tabletop. My favorites are a 1935 Silvertone console I restored, and a huge 1936 Zenith console that was given to me by a friend. I always wonder what famous broadcasts or radio programs came over the ones I have.

When we were kids, we would say I sure wish I had Action 1, or Detective 27. They have sold for $3 mil and $1.75 mil respectively. Be a bummer if one's mom threw them out like she threw mine out (I doubt any were valuable).

My aunt had a 1995 BMW M3 Lightweight, and she was so pleased in 2002 that after having it for 6 years, she got more than she paid which was $38k. One of them went for $385k 3 years ago

What is hilarious is there are (super rich) folks we can end up riding the elevator at work with, who think these numbers are meaningless and not much at all :ROFLMAO:

Most of those comic books of old weren't necessarily kept in the best of conditions. Back when I was collecting, I remember seeing some people would buy two - one to read and one to just store and keep in "near mint" condition. And I remember a lot of the special editions that might cost more and were bagged. Many were for hitting milestone numbers or something groundbreaking like Death of Superman.

I also remember seeing there were differences between the versions sold at supermarkets or newsstands vs the ones that were sold at comic book stores. The former were apparently called "newsstand editions" while the latter were "direct sales". I read somewhere that newsstand ones could be returned to the distributor for credit if they didn't sell.

Now that I’m older than some redwoods, I don’t collect stuff as much as I used to. Even so, I’m a sucker for custom firearms. 🤷‍♂️
I don’t know anything about them, but just today my brother said he has a 1980 Colt Python, and he has several newer ones…

As an amateur radio operator, I like to collect military and commercial/marine radio equipment. And put some of it on the air. The marine equipment is mostly obsolete these days, as ships have converted to satellite communication. But it works on amateur radio frequencies.

I also collect railroad grade pocket watches, mostly Hamiltons.

Coffee mugs from cool places or national parks I visit.
That and posters. I was visiting white sands and asked the visitor center if they had a poster of the park as it's just a really weird anomaly. One left and on the house.

One thing to add for me that I forgot. Baseball Gloves. I just purchased some more tonight good deals on eBay. I’m trying to get as many as I can. The ones I bought tonight are from the 70s. Going to get some practice ones too to relace and condition up real well. If I had about $600 i would have bought all the ones I wanted instead of just two for $20 lol 😂. Shipping is what kills the price but I don’t mind paying shipping though. Especially priority.

If anyone here has any old baseball gloves they are looking to get rid of don’t hesitate to reach out. Same with license plates.

Back