What disturbs/angers you while driving?

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: ridgerunner
Roundabouts are a menace and should be bulldozed and returned to a simple fourway intersection period! Many old intersections around me have been in place since horse and buggy days. Many are being replaced by the moronic roundabouts and accidents have skyrocketed bigtime. I’d like to hang the “genius” who came up with this roundabout “solution” to the common intersection by the nut sack!

I think you're a little late. Whoever invented it is probably long dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundabout

According to that wikipedia article, roundabouts are safer than traditional intersections. Hard to believe, but it's supposedly based on accident study data.

Roundabouts are a menace and should be bulldozed and returned to a simple fourway intersection period! Many old intersections around me have been in place since horse and buggy days. Many are being replaced by the moronic roundabouts and accidents have skyrocketed bigtime. I’d like to hang the “genius” who came up with this roundabout “solution” to the common intersection by the nut sack!

True but Lots of nut sacks to hang since they are being ordered by someone in government and installed.

Left lane drivers.

Got a speeding ticket the other day (first in 5 years) because I was passing someone who wouldn't get out of the left lane.

I still made the decision to increase my speed, but it wouldn't have been necessary had the dimwit from NM camping in the left lane moved over.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

According to that wikipedia article, roundabouts are safer than traditional intersections. Hard to believe, but it's supposedly based on accident study data.

Roundabouts actually make sense if people knew how to drive. Ever been to Europe? People know how to use them and it keeps traffic flowing. Much better than having 50 intersections with stop signs.

Cops should sit at roundabouts and anyone who can't figure it out gets a ticket and sent to driving school. I was in one where a lady stopped and tried to backup because she missed her exit, nearly causing a 3 car accident.

She nearly caused an accident? U just made my point, thank U. Roundabouts are merge holes! They direct vehicles into one another in one big cluster fook! It reminds me of WWI dogfights. That is nothing short of moronic in design alone. Europe, really?...that’s your argument let’s do what Europe does? How about if it works why mess with it. If U can’t figure out an intersection go back to Europe.

Last edited:
Roundabouts make a lot of sense in lower traffic under 40 mph speed zones. As with a lot of things, you've got to understand the basic concept of deferring to the person(s) already in the circle or crossing the line ahead of you. In some instances I'm not a fan, but there are a few near me that improve the flow of traffic because brain synapse is actually firing and drivers understand and abide by the concept.

It's probably expecting too much of Americans to utilize them correctly if they can't NOT text while driving or a roundabout prevents them from balancing their burrito, lap poodle, and phone versus a 4-way stop.

People who turn onto the left lane when making a right-hand turn onto a 4-lane road (2 lanes/direction). This prevents people making left-hand turns into the left lane.

Btw..I love roundabouts. Best idea ever.

She nearly caused an accident? U just made my point, thank U. Roundabouts are merge holes! They direct vehicles into one another in one big cluster fook! It reminds me of WWI dogfights. That is nothing short of moronic in design alone. Europe, really?...that’s your argument let’s do what Europe does? How about if it works why mess with it. If U can’t figure out an intersection go back to Europe.

Yeah she nearly caused an accident because she was a moron, not because of the roundabout. She should get her license revoked. They aren't that hard. If you can't figure out a roundabout you shouldn't be driving, period. Not sure about you but I hate sitting at stop lights burning fuel and daylight.

There is a roundabout in Washington, IL I drive through once in a while. Thankfully they finally made a bypass around the whole town! Probably great in the horse and buggy days.

1.) People that don't use signals. You're probably garbage driver if you forget this simple rule.

2.) Cruising with Hi-beams on.

3.) Left lane hoggers

4.) People that don't use the ramps to accelerate to highway speed. I drive a 123hp car that takes almost 10 seconds to get to 60mph so I NEED all that space to floor it to make it up to speed. If some [censored] decides to merge on the highway at 40mph then I have no momentum, I'm [censored], and I'm probably going to cut them off.

Tesla drivers. People on their phones mainly texting. I've had to call the local sheriffs office dispatch as I've seen people driving at night with no headlights or taillights. That brings me to cars with only the drl LEDs on but they forgot to turn on the headlights.

People who cause accidents 😡. I’ve been stressing over it for 2 months and even more stressed about court on the 26th. Even though she was cited for hit and run she is trying to dispute it. Also people who are on their phone or people who cut you off.

Total disregard for painted lines, especially during left turns. Squeezing across 3 lanes of traffic within 200 feet of the intersection because you're too stupid to realize you can correct your path in the next block. Pulling out into the middle of the road and stopping until it's clear to complete a left turn. Driving at frontage road speeds on the highway. Slowing or stopping in the road to read the map instead of pulling over to find yourself. Driving huge mechanically unsound trucks in the left lane of a highway. Slow-poking an on-ramp. I know there's more.

Simpler to ask: What doesn't?

Aside from the usual elements that everyone has mentioned, there is the wondrous stench of this city, compounded of neglected garbage, moldy parmesan cheese, leaked motor oil, and rancid human sweat. Of course, for 10 months of the year I'm running with the A/C on and set to recirculate, so that helps a bit. . . .

Originally Posted By: Speak2Mountain
1) People that won't move left, when I'm entering an interstate, even though the left lane is clear

You do know it's the merging driver's responsibility to adjust his or her speed to merge onto the highway without disrupting traffic flow, right? Even if the left lane is open, that driver is not obligated to move over for mergers...
I was taught way back in the '70s that, if you are on the main road, it is partly your responsibility to see the merging driver gets on safely. That doesn't mean veering wildly into the center lane; it might mean adjusting your speed up or down to let him in. But it is *partly* your responsibility.

He has to do his part too, though.

Cars with privacy glass. Their drivers are blissfully unaware of what's going on around them and generally respond to changes in traffic situations about 3 seconds later than they should.
Not to mention the crashing, screeching sound (I won't call it music) emanating from many such vehicles, to the point where *your* window glass vibrates. The driver of such a vehicle couldn't hear your horn if his life depended on it.

Basically everyone on a sport bike. Always driving recklessly and doing stupid and illegal stuff. Going 100+ mph everywhere, weaving between cars, speeding down the breakdown lane, illegally passing, tailgating, lane-splitting (illegal here), you name it. I can't remember the last time I saw one actually driving like a sane person.
About equal here. Half sane, Half insane.

Back