What are you eating right now?

Dinner was a juniper-brined pork sandwich with potato salad and tiramisu for dessert. Then I indulged in an Old Rasputin Russian stout to aid digestion. I'm now resting in my cabin expecting horrible news. I think there may be a bear outside. 😉

Edit: Not a bear, just my neighbor Andy, investigating why the lights were on. My wife screamed when she saw his ugly mug pressed against the bathroom window. I screamed too. Then Andy screamed.

Last edited:
Did you juniper brine the pork yourself? I have brined brats with a dozen juniper berries mixed in with a few other things before. Let them soak and simmer in the mix before hitting the grill. Turned out excellent! Never tried it on anything except brats.

Did you juniper brine the pork yourself? I have brined brats with a dozen juniper berries mixed in with a few other things before. Let them soak and simmer in the mix before hitting the grill. Turned out excellent! Never tried it on anything except brats.
Italian restaurant. I often brine and marinade with juniper berries, for example roasts. Juniper berries are good for the kidneys because they are a diuretic. Gin tipplers may lose brain cells but they usually have functioning kidneys.

Last edited:
Dinner was a juniper-brined pork sandwich with potato salad and tiramisu for dessert. Then I indulged in an Old Rasputin Russian stout to aid digestion. I'm now resting in my cabin expecting horrible news. I think there may be a bear outside. 😉

Edit: Not a bear, just my neighbor Andy, investigating why the lights were on. My wife screamed when she saw his ugly mug pressed against the bathroom window. I screamed too. Then Andy screamed.
How was the potato salad at an Italian place?

Meatloaf. To quote AutoMechanic “oh man, it is so good!”

Attachments

• IMG_9015.jpeg
    IMG_9015.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 8
Just had eggo waffles and jam.
Still on my routine of getting up at 3am and taking my dog for an 8 km walk.
Work starts next week again, and i have to get back into the routine of getting up at 3.

Back