Walmart Everstart plus H6 vs. Maxx H6 battery

Maxx H6 is $150 3yr replacement warranty, Plus H6 is $100 2yr replacement warranty. The everstart plus has the same specs as the oem ac delco, the Maxx has more CCA, etc. Vehicle is 2011 Silverado 4.3 v6. I've had good luck with everstart batteries in the past on other vehicles. I'm leaning towards the everstart plus.

I guess you need feedback from someone who has experience with the Everstart Plus batteries. That is a really short warranty when the industry standard is 3 years, with some offering 4 years, like the Everstart Platimum AGMs, which would be my preference.

I guess you need feedback from someone who has experience with the Everstart Plus batteries. That is a really short warranty when the industry standard is 3 years, with some offering 4 years, like the Everstart Platimum AGMs, which would be my preference.
Your probably right, however being in Washington State I've gotten 5 years out of the cheapest everstart value brand so location can be a big factor.

Not really, a 2 year replacement warranty on a ~$100 battery is typical if not cheaper than everywhere else, most batteries top out at 3 years on the most expensive tier, some of the parts stores now offer 4 year warranty "platinum" tier enhanced flooded batteries, but you pay for the privilege of having that 4 year warranty, most AGM batteries only have a 3 year warranty except at Walmart where they have a 4 year now, and any battery I've seen with 5+ years warranty usually has no or a short replacement period with most of the warranty being prorata.

2 months ago I bought the Walmart H6 AGM battery. It is made in Germany and it is the exact same battery and manufacture as all the other H6 batterys that Autozone, O'Riley's, and other big name chains sell. Walmart's was $20 cheaper then the others and they added another year warranty for the exact same battery.

Almost the same battery between Plus and Maxx, just different CCA rating. Up to you if you think paying $50 for an extra year of warranty is worth it.

Plan on getting rid of the car anytime soon? Go cheap. Undecided? Maxx. Long-term ownership? Grab the AGM for $170.

2 months ago I bought the Walmart H6 AGM battery. It is made in Germany and it is the exact same battery and manufacture as all the other H6 batterys that Autozone, O'Riley's, and other big name chains sell. Walmart's was $20 cheaper then the others and they added another year warranty for the exact same battery.
I found Walmart to be the cheapest as well when I replaced the H6 flooded lead acid battery in my Toyota about 6 months ago. Autozone and O'Reilly were both around $20 to $60 more.

The original battery was also a flooded lead acid, so that's what I put in. The standard Walmart H6 had a few more CCA. I wouldn't pay an extra $50 for a 1 year additional warranty. Especially if it's pro rated.

They tend to drop off fast in value the last year of the warranty. Beware of the, "fuzzy math" contained in most automotive battery warranties.

Batteries degrade output over time so I like to use the MAXX line of batteries vs OEM equivalent. When the Maxx battery starts putting out less CA it may very well be equal to OEM output required.

Example:
My truck needs 750 CCA
I could buy the 750 CCA battery & in 2 years it may be putting out 700 CCA. This is less than what the OEM needs.
I could buy the 850 CCA battery & in 2 years it may be putting out 800 CCA. This is more than what the OEM needs.

This is just a simple example of what I think of when buying batteries. Also, get either battery tested towards the end of their warranty to make sure non have gone bad. You get an extra 1 yr warranty along with more CCA with the MAXX. However, if you have a bucket car that just gets you to point A & B, not a lot of electronics, or don't plan on keeping the car long then the 2 year will work just fine.

Consider the CCA ratings on different price tiers of batteries could also just be marketing-- you could see more than the rated amount in "cheaper" products. In other words, the batteries could be exactly the same inside. Or not!

I'd save the $50.

I found Walmart to be the cheapest as well when I replaced the H6 flooded lead acid battery in my Toyota about 6 months ago. Autozone and O'Reilly were both around $20 to $60 more.

The original battery was also a flooded lead acid, so that's what I put in. The standard Walmart H6 had a few more CCA. I wouldn't pay an extra $50 for a 1 year additional warranty. Especially if it's pro rated.

They tend to drop off fast in value the last year of the warranty. Beware of the, "fuzzy math" contained in most automotive battery warranties.
If you are a Hyundai/Kia owner, all late model Hyundai/Kia's are AGM factory delivered, so their charging system has AGM charging algorithms.

540 CCA. How much more do you need for a 6 cylinder engine?

1d58e8ee-9539-450e-adb7-e8086782f43d.8e5166834d748d708565f487a3a681be.jpeg

Consider the CCA ratings on different price tiers of batteries could also just be marketing-- you could see more than the rated amount in "cheaper" products. In other words, the batteries could be exactly the same inside. Or not!

I'd save the $50.
In order for a regular joe/jane to figure this out if it's the case or not would require quite a bit & still may not have a good answer. At least you know the higher priced one is rated higher for certain.

Who wants to start bringing in a weight scale to start weighting batteries in the middle of wally world to see if the cheaper one is "just as heavy". lol

Not all AGM H6 are exactly the same, as there are various manufacturers. But it seems all the AGM batteries lately with the oddly shaped white sticker stating "Made in Germany" are coming from Varta.
I have now seen Walmart, Interstate and AC Delco AGMs all with the exact same white sticker.

Attachments

• walmart germany.jpeg
    walmart germany.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 41
  • interstate german.jpg
    interstate german.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 40
  • AC Delco.jpg
    AC Delco.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
If you happen to have a Sam’s Club membership (or have a nearby friend with one), you can get their Deka-made Duracell branded H6 with the same CCA as the Maxx and 3-year warranty for $129.88. If you can wait a bit, you might get another $20 off. They run that sale every 2-3 months.

Not all AGM H6 are exactly the same, as there are various manufacturers. But it seems all the AGM batteries lately with the oddly shaped white sticker stating "Made in Germany" are coming from Varta.
I have now seen Walmart, Interstate and AC Delco AGMs all with the exact same white sticker.
When I looked at them they were direct copies with different colored plastic and different stickers. The bottom tub has VERY destictive design that points out they are all buy the same manufacture.

Last edited:
Back