WM Maxx EverStart H7........

So yesterday, I purchased a Walmart Maxx EverStart H7 Battery for the Jeep in my sig to replace the aging L4 Exide that gave me almost 7 years of service.
Now this isn't the first time that I purchased an EverStart from WM. Both the 1999 and 2006 Corolla in my sig currently are being powered by one.
All went well, but I noticed that this H7 was different from the other EverStarts that I have:
It has removable Cell caps and has a label on the side proudly exclaiming "Made in Germany".

Has anyone ever came across a similar Maxx EverStart ?

20210115_111058.jpg

20210115_111116.jpg
20210115_110849.jpg
20210115_111058.jpg20210115_111116.jpg20210115_110849.jpg

I noticed that also. Makes me wonder about the credibility of those stickers.
I think any gossip about those stickers can be thrown out the window. It is NOT, without question, the manufactured date. It takes ~16 days just to sail across the Atlantic, add in time on both sides of the ocean for getting it to port and then getting to stores on this side, is going to put you at at a month to month and a half.

Just pulled up an East Penn battery brochure online. I see that their “Deka Ultimate” battery resembles the WM EverStart that I have. Guess they import them from Germany.

Attachments

• D84E4B19-C196-4455-8093-B4AA22EA0DDB.jpg
    D84E4B19-C196-4455-8093-B4AA22EA0DDB.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 23
Just pulled up an East Penn battery brochure online. I see that their “Deka Ultimate” battery resembles the WM EverStart that I have. Guess they import them from Germany.
It does look very similar. Surprised they come from Germany though. I thought East Penn made batteries in the US.

In Germany, I think the main automotive battery manufacturer is Varta/Bosch, now owned by JC/Clarios.

I was in a WM earlier today and noted the JC/Clarios EverStart Maxx battery (Group size 35) had a sticker "made in China".

That is the first I've heard of that one. (The next grade lower had "made in Korea" but I'd read about that before )

my H8 everstart has a tag made in germany but has the standard design. it’s identical to an autocraft gold i got with a parts car

I wonder if it is the byproduct of the East Penn and Banner collaboration?

Assumingely shipped dry and filled in the USA.
I'm guessing EastPenn only has X amount of manufacturing capacity and chooses to outsource this particular size
or finds it cheaper to buy them from another manufacture.

My Elantra Sport takes a H5 battery. Hyundai saves 6 pounds using the H5 vs the H6 used in most other Elantra trims.
I noticed the AC Delco H5 size battery at Menards is made in South Korea.

I wonder if it is the byproduct of the East Penn and Banner collaboration?
Banner plant is in Austria though.

I bought a Walmart battery in the H6 size last month an it didn't have that sticker or cell caps.

Are the Chinese counterfeiting batteries now too?

Back