VOA Database

I've been dealing with some long-term medical issues, so I'm not as diligent about spotting new VOAs posted here. If anyone sees one posted that I don't get in the Database, please link to it in this thread. I'll be sure to see it then and add it.

Thanks!
Sorry to hear that, man. Hope you’re well soon!

OK, I was looking at “Oil Analyzers” which seems to be part of Amsoil and this page shows FTIR:

I guess I’m confused since you originally mentioned Oil Analyzers (oaitesting.com) and the link you gave is for Horizon (eoilrpeorts.com).

I am pretty new to oil nerdery, so I’m sure there is an explanation.
Oil Analyzers uses Horizon online reporting software. See:

Could you please add this one as well?
HPL No VII PCMO 5W-30

1711200561806.jpg

@himemsys here are VOAs that PF just did for OEM oils in 0w20.

Honda, Toyota, Mopar, Motorcraft, Mobil 1, AC Delco

Did anyone notice the viscosity for the Honda 0W20 oil? BS says it's at 10.29 cSt, then says in the comments that "the viscosity is typical of unused 0W/20." I don't feel comfortable using that result in the database and I'm surprised it wasn't asked to be retested.

In fact, several of these oils are at or near the upper limit of 20 grade (<9.3cSt). Is this a new trend (to make 20 grade as thick as possible)?

Last edited:
Did anyone notice the viscosity for the Honda 0W20 oil? BS says it's at 10.29 cSt, then says in the comments that "the viscosity is typical of unused 0W/20." I don't feel comfortable using that result in the database and I'm surprised it wasn't asked to be retested.

In fact, several of these oils are at or near the upper limit of 20 grade (<9.3cSt). Is this a new trend (to make 20 grade as thick as possible)?
I did not qc myself, BS probably should institute some process themselves because we have seen many issues.

I did not qc myself, BS probably should institute some process themselves because we have seen many issues.
I went ahead and added these VOAs to the database and linked to Todd's Patreon page. The Honda 0W20 really stands out. Something is not right. Either BS really messed up the viscosity or the oil is actually 0W30. No two ways about it.

I'd love to help contribute! I have a few in my signature. Shoot, one of the links in the database takes you to a BITOG thread where the user linked my old Total Quartz 9000 VOA
I actually already had some of your VOAs in the database, but I added a couple. Thank you!

I actually already had some of your VOAs in the database, but I added a couple. Thank you!
Awesome! Glad to help. I'll be uploading probably one more VOA and a UOA in a bit. I bought an oil extractor for my VW and will be able to change my own oil now. Am probably going to VOA the Quaker State 5w40 Euro since the last one was nearly 2 years ago. I'll be putting this into my vehicle as well.

Back