VOA Diesel Oil Database

I stumbled across himemsys thread that combined a bunch of Gasoline VOA in one spreadsheet. I figured it was such a great idea that I decided to also put one together but with Diesel Oil instead. I made this version similar to that one in order to minimize confusion.

I created a line that adds up the Additive Package in the oil. This is displayed with the most (Top) to the least add pack (Bottom). This line is labeled "add pack" lol. It is not listed in alphabetical order. Also, I added Gasoline SN category to all that meet that specification. I even found a 10w-30 that meets SP.

Putting this together shows that we're lacking on 10w-30 HDEO VOA. Anyways, I hope that you all can get something from the list & if there are more 10w-30's, or others, I missed just let me know so I can update it.
""

Last edited:
I stumbled across himemsys thread that combined a bunch of Gasoline VOA in one spreadsheet. I figured it was such a great idea that I decided to also put one together but with Diesel Oil instead. I made this version similar to that one in order to minimize confusion. I created a line that adds up the Additive Package in the oil. This is displayed with the most to the least add pack. The line is labeled "add pack" lol. It is not listed in alphabetical order.

Putting this together shows that we're lacking on 10w-30 HDEO VOA. Anyways, I hope that you all can get something from the list & if there are more 10w-30's I missed just let me know so I can update it.
""

The Chevron Delo XLE you have in your chart (along with any of my UOAs you see the blue bar across in them) were done by TestOil. Seem to be a solid lab, but their prices would make anyone complaining about Blackstone blush twice.

And the dearth of 10w30 HDEO UOAs probably coincides with the fact that WM quit carrying that grade several years back, and you can only find 15w40s there.

The Chevron Delo XLE you have in your chart (along with any of my UOAs you see the blue bar across in them) were done by TestOil. Seem to be a solid lab, but their prices would make anyone complaining about Blackstone blush twice.

And the dearth of 10w30 HDEO UOAs probably coincides with the fact that WM quit carrying that grade several years back, and you can only find 15w40s there.

Thanks for that info! As for WM I wonder if it's b/c it sells less & they want to pack their shelves with the hot sale weights = More room for the stuff that sells.

Valvoline's premium blue listed above shows 1153 Phos 1290 Zinc.... On the Valvoline site today 12/29/22 their PDS shows 800 Phos 890 Zinc.. How can testing vary that much batch to batch, assuming the testing was correct? Maybe the variations are oils being tested at different times, or companies are constantly changing formulations? I am starting to lose faith in VOA numbers.

Valvoline's premium blue listed above shows 1153 Phos 1290 Zinc.... On the Valvoline site today 12/29/22 their PDS shows 800 Phos 890 Zinc.. How can testing vary that much batch to batch, assuming the testing was correct? Maybe the variations are oils being tested at different times, or companies are constantly changing formulations? I am starting to lose faith in VOA numbers.

Good Catch! These oils will change over time that's for sure.

My speculation is that the lower additive package that we are now seeing is the newest formula to meet the SP (2020) specifications? I do not have a whole lot of data to back that up though.

The VOA listed above was done on May 31st, 2018. I believe the SN+ specification was standard mid 2018 & SP specification was standard 2020. With all that being said since it's an older VOA I've edited it to state that it meets SN rating & not the newest SP to avoid confusion. Until we get an updated VOA on the newest formula it will remain.

The 1153/1290 number shown there was for their original CK-4 formulation, which was simply branded "Valvoline Premium Blue". The new version with the pathetic Zn&P numbers is called "Valvoline Premium Blue One Solution".

Last I checked the VPB Extreme synthetic formula still has the previous version ad pack with the higher Zn&P. Id check part numbers on the bottle vs the PDS to make sure though.

The lameness of the VPBOS ad pack is why I went with the NAPA HD Diesel oil on the change I ust did. It's made by Valvoline, and according to specs it still has over 1000ppm Zn&P. It was $15/gal when I bought it some time back.

I stumbled across himemsys thread that combined a bunch of Gasoline VOA in one spreadsheet. I figured it was such a great idea that I decided to also put one together but with Diesel Oil instead. I made this version similar to that one in order to minimize confusion.

I created a line that adds up the Additive Package in the oil. This is displayed with the most (Top) to the least add pack (Bottom). This line is labeled "add pack" lol. It is not listed in alphabetical order. Also, I added Gasoline SN category to all that meet that specification. I even found a 10w-30 that meets SP.

Putting this together shows that we're lacking on 10w-30 HDEO VOA. Anyways, I hope that you all can get something from the list & if there are more 10w-30's, or others, I missed just let me know so I can update it.
""

Very nice work sir. Thank You

""

The few VOA’s I did for HDEO VOA I used WIX lab in Georgia. Black stones is so inconsistent so I will not use them.

Nice graph also. Thank You

The 1153/1290 number shown there was for their original CK-4 formulation, which was simply branded "Valvoline Premium Blue". The new version with the pathetic Zn&P numbers is called "Valvoline Premium Blue One Solution".

Last I checked the VPB Extreme synthetic formula still has the previous version ad pack with the higher Zn&P. Id check part numbers on the bottle vs the PDS to make sure though.

The lameness of the VPBOS ad pack is why I went with the NAPA HD Diesel oil on the change I ust did. It's made by Valvoline, and according to specs it still has over 1000ppm Zn&P. It was $15/gal when I bought it some time back.

I've updated it to CK/SP classification & updated Phos/Zinc amounts, according to their website, now. This is one of a few Dual Diesel rated oils I've seen to meet the latest Gasoline SP.

Previously, the Add Pack line did not include Moly, Titanium, or Boron. I've now updated the totals to include those ingredients in the add pack column.

Moly Ti B Ca
Mg
Ph
Zn

Anyone got a VOA of SuperTech (WalMart), or Prime Guard (Sam's Club), or Kirkland's (Costco)? I could provide one for Prime Guard 15W-40 in couple weeks.
I've been looking around for SuperTech because I know that is a popular choice but I forgot the link I found it at. I'll have to do some more digging. I'm currently travelling right now though. Those are good suggestions.

Back