Virgin Post for advise for my vehicle and oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vehicle is Passat B6 1.8TFSI with DSG, called Magotan in Shanghai, China. Produced by VW FAW group in China.
Total milage goes to 4347.
My first change of oil filter and oil is at around 1500 miles. Now it's coming up to my second change of oil and filter. My OEM oil is told from Castrol 5w-30, but with higher viscosity than start to reduce oil comsumption.
Now I'm considering to use better oil, maybe ester based oil or good ones. I can see strength in Mutel, a great oil. Here we only can have X-cess 5W-40 X-lite 0W-30 X-MAX 5w-30. Originally I consider X-max, ester based, but now it stopped to appear in market. X-lite is ESTER based but announced to be fit fot TT and S3 and all series with V12 engine. So my only option goes to X-cess 5w-40. My concern is this oil is not announced officially with ester and no information for viscosity for HTHS.
Dear friends, do you have any suggestions?? Thanks.

Xcess 5w40 has a lot of ester in it, don't worry. The HTHS is above 3.5 since it meets the ACEA B3 spec.

Motul Xcess 5w40 would be a good choice. You could also look for Castrol Syntec 0w30. It's VW/Audi approved.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Nice of your recommendation.
since HTHS above 3.5, that's great news. GC is really a great oil and 0w-30 viscosity almost goes to 12.1 which is top of 30 viscosity oil. But sounds not helping for my oil consumption situation. To be honest, we cannot charge to OEM for anything here in China, even the consumption goes to 1 liter in 1000 kilometers. OEM here do not agree to change the engine with this reason. They'll tell you that they can only feed your engine with oil freely, but no change for engine... That's all what they can do, or they want to do...
That's the situation. Angry...

Last edited:
Ah~~
Nice man! Thanks.
That is to say x-lite 0w-30 also works in my new car PASSAT b6 1.8TFSI engine?
My instruction tells that oil with VW approval 502 503.01 504 shall work. Does x-lite have that? Higher ester content really delights me.

STANDARDS ACEA A3 / B4
APPROVALS API SL / CF
VW 502 00 / 505 00 / 503.01

You could also look at Motul Specific 504/507. It's a special oil made to meet the VW 504 & 507 requirements.

Any 5w-40 synthetic diesel engine oil should work well. 5000 miles or 2 changes a year, reuse the same filter is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back