Very Tall People & Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak

I'm not tall by any stretch of the imagination, but what height I do have is in my legs. The 1970s vintage Chevy pickups were the worst. I'd put the seat all the way to the back and my legs would still be too tight, yet sitting on something like a phonebook would have made viewing better. Who designed that seating?

The '73-'87 C-Ks felt like they had about 12 inches of legroom and 48 inches of headroom. Like it was designed for someone that is 7 feet tall but only had a 28 inch inseam.
lol.gif

Seriously. Try to replace the stoplight switch in one. You are better off laying across from the passenger side rather than trying to wedge your shoulders in between the seat and dash.

Similar year F-series trucks without tilt always made me force my thigh between the steering wheel and seat.

Like they looked at the design sketch, chucked the slide-rule across the room and said, "Yeah, that'll work."

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
The '73-'87 C-Ks felt like they had about 12 inches of legroom and 48 inches of headroom. Like it was designed for someone that is 7 feet tall but only had a 28 inch inseam.
lol.gif

Ironically, they were perfect for my dad. I think he had his shins blown off in WWII or something like that. All his height was in his torso.
wink.gif

I'm 6'4" & 250lbs., long legged and size 14 shoe. The sled fits me rather well, even with a sun-roof. I do have to rake the seat back a bit though. I have a friend who is 6'8" and he remarked how well he fit in the rear! Of course, he wasn't sitting behind me!

Recently rented a Chevy Impala? while the sled was in the shop. Was amazed at how roomy it was. Plenty of legroom. Unfortunately hard to see out of due to thick A,B,C pillars and high rear-deck.

Let us know if you find something you fit well in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back