New Truck recommendation

Hi all. I have a Pilot and a Camry. Recent circumstances require me to get rid of my Camry and replace it with something that has more utility. A pickup truck seems to fit the bill. 80% of the time this will be used for mall crawler duty, but I will need to drive on poor mountain dirt roads occasionally and pull a small trailer (5k lbs or less) on those roads. There will be snow and mud on those roads too. I'm a fairly big boy with long legs, and like my comfort. I'll also need the truck to fit at least 5 people. I typically keep my vehicles for a long time (at least 200K, but typically 250K miles) and hate repairs, so reliability is probably my #1 criteria. I had a 2021 chevy 3.0 diesel for a while, but the noises that thing made WHILE THE ENGINE WAS OFF scared the hell out of me (clicks, whistles and rumbles when I approached it with the key in my pocket), so fearing eventual electrical gremlins I sold it--plus the price of diesel in my area was 25% higher than gas, negating the mpg advantage. F-150s are too dam expensive, Tundra turbos are now junk, and I don't fit in Tacomas. I'm thinking of a 4x4 Frontier SV, or a base model Chevy extended cab with the 2.7L turbo. I know nothing about Ram, other than the fact it's a Dodge made by some someone with a less than stellar reputation. FYI, I have no "little guy, big truck" ego. So, what the heck should I buy?
In my lifetime, I've owned the following, 84 F150, 86 Mazda B2200, 89 1/2 ton Silverado, 03 GMC 1/2 ton, 05 GMC 1/2 ton, 2010 Frontier, 2016 F150, 2018 F150, 2019 Titan, and a 2021Ram 1500 with 5.7 hemi. The Ram is the very best I've ever owned with a current 44,000 miles. If I had to buy another new truck tomorrow, it would be a Ram (not interested in the 3 liter Hurricane). Some have suggested the new style Frontier. The two things I really hated in mine was too much heat from the vents while my feet were still cold (dealer verified proper operation), and the large turning radius. It was a PITA to park. Good luck with your purchase.

The Ridgeline is AWD.

Yes….. but you’ve got to look at what the back axle is rated for. That same (? Similar?) system in the mdx has a limited torque output through the magnetic axle clutches before they slip. It’s something like 145 ft/lbs per half shaft on the MDX, which gives a total thrust (hand math) of 220 pounds or so. I’d be hopeful they might eek a bit more out in the RL…. Hopefully a lot more, but if it’s the Same system then it’s good for helping in rain and snow but not rain and snow and an extra 5000 lbs.

The Ridgeline is pretty much the Pilot with a different body. From personal experience, it will shake itself apart if you frequent rough mountain roads. I don't mean to offend anyone, but it's basically a station wagon that looks like a truck--not for serious use.

Back