Vacuum Cleaner Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
That one is a good one...though I do like the Pro Version (white one). They tend to hold up well to kids and animals...

Also: this..
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/pr...shark+navigator

Cheaper...use the 20% off coupon

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/pr...shark+navigator

Has and attachment for bare floors....also cheaper than Kohls...
cool.gif

Their Rotator canister vacuum looks interesting, too. Not sure how it compares to their uprights though as far as cleaning power is concerned.

Actually have heard very good things about them...they seem to hang well with a big boys....

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
We have 3 Dyson vacuums. Two at our main home, one on the main level and one on the lower level, and one at our lake house. The two at our main home are getting close to 10 years old get used at least a couple times each week, and do a great job on both the hard surface floors as well as the bedrooms with carpet. The one at our lake house is about 5 years old and only gets used when we're there, but when it does it usually has to pick up sand that has been tracked in as well as pet fur.

I've been completely pleased with all 3, especially with the design of the hose and attachments. They're actually usable, unlike some vacuums. I prefer bagless-I don't care for the recurring costs of buying bags, and it's a simple matter to take the accumulated dirt into the garage and dump it into the garbage can. No bag to mess with, replace or cart around.

Maintenance is easy on all 3, and the filters are washable. I clean the filters on the two at home a couple times each year, on the lake house vacuum once each year.

Dysons will go a long time, even if somewhat abused....they are some great vacs... Would love one, but can't justify the price for one. We only have two carpeted rooms, with a few throw rugs- so a Shark in our case would make the most sense.

Now if I caught a great deal on a Dyson, whole different story then....

Dave, just before Christmas we bought two remanufactured Dyson Animals for $169.00 each! Right off Amazon.

Neat thing is Dyson insists that their vacs be inspected, cleaned, and re-certified before resale after returns. This means even if it has been used once or twice it is clean and packaged perfectly just like new.

We must own seven of these, they hold up fantastic even in commercial use. IMO the older ones are better than the newest models in many cases...

bought a Shark a couple of years ago. Couldn't be more happy with it. with 2 black dogs and a cat, it's amazing how much dust and hair this thing continues to picks up. We have had multiple vacuums over the years including a Filter Queen. If you look on amazon and look at the reviews the Shark vacuums really rocks. The one we got we purchased at Kohls with the 30% off plus some birthday deal, we picked one up for $140.00. After looking at all of the different Shark models I don't think there is a lot of difference in the suction power between them.

Orecks are nice, but they just can't handle thick or plush carpets. You'll blow through belts and they're a bear to push/pull on such carpets. We stopped using our Oreck because of this and use a cheap Dirt Devil bagged upright that's been outstanding. To me, "bagless" is a joke. You've still got regular filter maintenance and expensive filter replacements to be concerned with.

We had a Kenmore canister with attachments for some years, until I somehow let the smoke out of the motor. Then tried a Sanyo canister. That was kind of junky, had odd sized attachments and a small bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back