Using SuperTech full synthetic vs name brands

I start to like supertech and fram oil filter, best cheap combo and it work for just every day drive on normal car, only 1 thing i dont like about super tech is the bottle color, they need make it black , also the bottle seal, they need make it a better quality one.

ST in my Tucson. Currently at 3500 miles and 13 months. Wix filter.
Gone overtime because of COVID. Only drive 1-2 times per week.
Will change in March, when it's warmer.

I start to like supertech and fram oil filter, best cheap combo and it work for just every day drive on normal car, only 1 thing i dont like about super tech is the bottle color, they need make it black , also the bottle seal, they need make it a better quality one.
Agreed - Bottle seal needs improvement for sure. Otherwise... Been using this oil and Wix filters on all my cars for a long time. Great UOA results also! Can't beat this oil.

Without reading through 6 pages of posts...
The Supertech additive package may not be as stout as the name brand oils, but at 5000-mile service intervals, you and your Hyundai will be fine running ST synthetic. It's good oil and definitely hard to beat at $13+ for 5 quarts.

Without reading through 6 pages of posts...
The Supertech additive package may not be as stout as the name brand oils, but at 5000-mile service intervals, you and your Hyundai will be fine running ST synthetic. It's good oil and definitely hard to beat at $13+ for 5 quarts.
Well said but replace 5000 with 7-8000. No need to take supertech to 10K at it's cost even though some good honda/toyota UOA's have proven otherwise.

Well said but replace 5000 with 7-8000. No need to take supertech to 10K at it's cost even though some good honda/toyota UOA's have proven otherwise.
Agreed for port injection engines. I thought maybe the subject Hyundai could be a direct injection engine which require more frequent service.

Ive been using QSHM in my GF's Toyota because of price and Supertech oil filters......Im going to switch to Supertech HM syn because its the same price as QSHM that a blend.....

I use name brands. I cannot bring myself to use SuperTech even though it is certified and I’m sure it’s good oil but I can’t do it. But since Walmart stopped selling the Castrol I use then I might be looking into something else probably Valvoline or something don’t think it will be SuperTech.
I felt that way too until asked a Toyota Prius forum about ST FS oil and they convinced me to use it. One guy said he put 260,000 miles on his Prius using nothing but ST FS and his engine doesn't seem to burn a drop of oil. Since then I'm not afraid of using ST. But I understand that a lot pf people would rather not do the homework and would rather pay more for a brand name. I just think they're wasting their money. I'm now not only confident in running ST FS, I'm also planning to run it for a full year. Time will tell but I'm going to do a UOA on it in about 2 months by removing a small amount to have tested. I'll post the results here on BITOG.

I felt that way too until asked a Toyota Prius forum about ST FS oil and they convinced me to use it. One guy said he put 260,000 miles on his Prius using nothing but ST FS and his engine doesn't seem to burn a drop of oil. Since then I'm not afraid of using ST. But I understand that a lot pf people would rather not do the homework and would rather pay more for a brand name. I just think they're wasting their money. I'm now not only confident in running ST FS, I'm also planning to run it for a full year. Time will tell but I'm going to do a UOA on it in about 2 months by removing a small amount to have tested. I'll post the results here on BITOG.
Well that’s good. I like to buy the brands I know that have been around for a long time. I’m glad you have had good luck with it.

Well that’s good. I like to buy the brands I know that have been around for a long time. I’m glad you have had good luck with it.
Thank you.
The way I see it, it doesn't matter how long the name brands have been around for.
If you do a UOA on ST or other non name brand oils and the results compare to brand name oils in terms of wear protection and TBN, that's all the proof you need. An oil doesn't have to have been around for a long time to protect engines as well as name brand oils.
I would change oil brands if the UOA suggests it but you never see that in ST UOAs.
I'm doing the UOA to prove to myself that ST FS will serve me as well as ____ brand oil.
I even talked to the UOA lab on the phone and the tech uses Kirkland which is similar to ST.
They know ST is good oil because they see UOAs with ST all the time.

But it took me quite a while to feel right about using ST. I used to use Pennzoil a lot.
There is no harm in using brand name oils if it makes you sleep better.

Thank you.
The way I see it, it doesn't matter how long the name brands have been around for.
If you do a UOA on ST or other non name brand oils and the results compare to brand name oils in terms of wear protection and TBN, that's all the proof you need. An oil doesn't have to have been around for a long time to protect engines as well as name brand oils.
I would change oil brands if the UOA suggests it but you never see that in ST UOAs.
I'm doing the UOA to prove to myself that ST FS will serve me as well as ____ brand oil.
I even talked to the UOA lab on the phone and the tech uses Kirkland which is similar to ST.
They know ST is good oil because they see UOAs with ST all the time.

But it took me quite a while to feel right about using ST. I used to use Pennzoil a lot.
There is no harm in using brand name oils if it makes you sleep better.
Yeah I agree. As long as it isn’t like those two oils we were talking about the other day on here lol I can’t even remember the names.

Back