Ultra... Take THAT Pennzoil - w/pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Errtt
Both PU & PP. I had to hit multiple stores last week and finally found enough PP for next OC (no PU available). Was like last time.
So thought of maybe giving Kendall w/Ti a try depending how things go. Well I saw no Kendall on the shelves.

I hear you can get it other places, like Goodyear places and Firestone may sell it to you straight up?

You can always buy it online too.

I've never seen ultra in the wild. My best score was when I got paid $10 to buy a 5qt of Valvoline Next Gen. I felt pretty good when I got that check!

Yeowl!!! Good Buy...

Can get some Good Bys at WM. Once bought 5 Gal pails of paint there for 5$ ea. Bought all they had.))

Originally Posted By: crinkles
This must be the best BITOG Score ever.
Just saw this thread. No doubt this is the best BITOG Score ever.

Originally Posted By: 285south
Originally Posted By: crinkles
This must be the best BITOG Score ever.
Just saw this thread. No doubt this is the best BITOG Score ever.

Yes it is the best score in my book. I would have done the same thing as the op.

Wish I had gotten a picture of my wife's face when she came home and saw the counter full of oil... not a "happy" face either... I think it would have won in popularity over the initial picture of the oil!

That is an exceptional deal. Wish I had the same luck. Just learned yesterday on the web that AutoZone had a 10 dollar off coupon (which expired like 8-26) for M1 5 quart jugs. Walmart honored the coupon so 5 quarts could be bought for like $14 and some change.

When you guys buy a big stock of motor oil, are you concerned at all about the oil getting old?

The reason I ask is, I recall reading somewhere in our host's Motor Oil University, that even unused motor oil breaks down with time. I looked for this, hoping to refresh my memory of the details but could not find it.

What are the thoughts here? Do most think there is nothing to this? Or that you will use all the oil before it breaks down? Or some other explanation.

No critique here. Just trying to learn.

Finally the OP returns! I've kept this thread going for some time.

To answer your questions about motor oil breaking down. I think it's safe to assume you can use all of this before the shelf life passes. I've seen very old UOAs with something like twenty years on oil-type and honestly it looks fine with appropriate wear for the time and mileage. I wouldn't sneeze at running 10 year old Pennzoil Ultra.

Obviously some people could burn through those stash faster, such as having multiple cars using oil faster.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Finally the OP returns! I've kept this thread going for some time.

You have Memphis... much appreciated. I hadn't followed it since a few days after posting. I saw someone link to this thread and saw how much it grew... I felt I should chime in with something. I'm glad so many got a kick out of my score!

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
wow, simply amazing, I love walmart

Last week, my local Walmart had Maxlife SB 10W-40 on "clearance" for ~$17 and NextGen conventional quarts for $4.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back