Ultra... Take THAT Pennzoil - w/pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY C R A P!!! That’s roughly 780.00 worth of oil and if you take it to some other Walmart (DO NOT BRING YOUR RECEIPT) you could get an in-store credit for that amount. That’s as good as cash in your pocket if you shop there often. That’s would I would do.

[censored]!i wish i could get this lucky! Best i ever found, at my local walmart, was like god 9-10 years ago..havoline 5 and 10w 30 dinos, before the current remake. 79 cents a quart, clearance..so i bought enough to last me 8 years on a 3 month oil change.
Past 3 weeks, at my local stop and shop, thiers a great value coffee, 35 oz can, sells for $5.50....some emplyee overt he past 3 weeks, and obviously management never noticed it..filled it into a $1, yes one dollar labeled home location.
Hard to find good help or people who care in todays retail...let alone hte managers...

Originally Posted By: ziggy

Past 3 weeks, at my local stop and shop, thiers a great value coffee, 35 oz can, sells for $5.50....some emplyee overt he past 3 weeks, and obviously management never noticed it..filled it into a $1, yes one dollar labeled home location.

I've read that sentence 3 times and still can't figure it out, and that's doing the usual substitutions of thiers=there's, emplyee=employee, etc. A "one dollar" what? Is the employee filling small cans from the large one and taking it home? Mislabelling something? What the heck is a "labeled home location"???

Very nice score. Ours had Ultra for awhile, but I never saw it clearanced. It's just gone. I remember back in the day when I bought my new '04 Ford Freestar -- my first vehicle ever requiring 5w20. I remember seeing MC 5w20 synblend at WalMart for ~$1.53/qt (regular price). I figured it couldn't be good oil at that price! Not it's what, 3X that.

My walmart finally isn't stocking 5w30 Jugs but still has quarts and 2 rows of jugs for the 5w20 Ultra. Hope they order more soon, i want an Ultra change in march.

That is indeed a Fantastic Score, Congrats..

Sadly if I had stumbled upon it, id have to pass!
As All my vehicles use 5W-20..

Recently bought 2 jugs of Penn 5w-20 syn for $26 each jug @ WM !!

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
My walmart finally isn't stocking 5w30 Jugs but still has quarts and 2 rows of jugs for the 5w20 Ultra. Hope they order more soon, i want an Ultra change in march.

Can you do a site to store purchase with PU?

I still cannot figure out SOPUS's marketing strategy when it comes to getting Pennzoil Ultra into the hands of consumers who want to use that particular motor oil.

The only word that comes to mind is: "none"

Find it at AutoZone for $9+ per quart

Find it (on occasion) in Central Illinois at Wal-Mart for $26 for a 5 qt. jug of 5w-30 (alas, 0w-20 nowhere to be seen)

Find it on blowout at Wally World like the OP.

True. When it went on clearance at AutoZone, I went to four different stores and they all told me it sold out within a day. Looks like I'm stuck with $27.97 at Wally World.

Originally Posted By: Mark72
HOLY C R A P!!! That’s roughly 780.00 worth of oil and if you take it to some other Walmart (DO NOT BRING YOUR RECEIPT) you could get an in-store credit for that amount. That’s as good as cash in your pocket if you shop there often. That’s would I would do.

Walmart sells "Ethics" on isle #4. It's stacked right there next to "Honesty."

You could use your gift card.

The clearance oils at my local WM's area joke. Maybe $1-2 bucks at at best. I keep checking but with no luck. What a score you found for sure!!!

Who would want to take it back for store credit when you can use it forever in your engine. That's already almost a lifetime of oil changes if you run them to TBN depletion.

Originally Posted By: steveh
Our Walmart still has that stuff on clearance for $5.00 QT.

Nothing left in the L.A. area! $5.00 per quart is cheap!

Dexos 1 certified?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back