Truck was stolen while on family trip

Naw’ man you were actually in a super seedy part of town. Webster, League City, Clearlake, is all ghetto. Anywhere on the east side / southeast side of this city turns hood quick from ANYWHERE in Harris county all of the way out past Pasadena and down 45 to Galveston. Sugarland down south west, west side of 99 toll road on the west side out in Katy, and the woodlands/ Montgomery county way up north are realistically the only areas that you can feel remotely safe in this city. It is a cesspool and getting worse everyday…
^This is what our GPS's have to add to their Data Bases

There are very few key combos on equipment like that. One of my friends works for a municipality and has master keys for all of their equipment. Basically one key is needed per manufacturer.
I realize I'm replying to a March reply, but my buddy who fancies himself a bit of a prepper was trying to collect most common keys for common heavy equipment marques -- his theory being while people were stuck in gridlock on highways he'd be in a dozer or center pivot or [whatever] driving away in any direction he chose.

I'm not saying it's a good or bad plan, but I found the idea interesting

I realize I'm replying to a March reply, but my buddy who fancies himself a bit of a prepper was trying to collect most common keys for common heavy equipment marques -- his theory being while people were stuck in gridlock on highways he'd be in a dozer or center pivot or [whatever] driving away in any direction he chose.

I'm not saying it's a good or bad plan, but I found the idea interesting
It makes complete sense if you are into that kind of thing.

Making dozer noises in such a situation would attract the fast movers, and pretty much everything else. Ask Brad Pitt.

I once landed in Trinidad in the afternoon and drove my rental car to the Hilton parking lot, next to the police station. Next morning I went out and it was gone. Walked across the parking lot to the police station and filed a report. They said it was probably dismantled by then, since the parts were worth more than the car.
AMEX got to pay for the car.

From then on, they rented me a purple Hyundai, since there were very few Hyundai cars in the country, there was not much of a market.

Back